Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Butoh performance in Tokyo 2007/10/16 17:08
Hello
I will be visiting Tokyo from Dec 26/07 until Jan 02/08. Does anybody know how I could find out wether or not there will be a Butoh performance going on in this period of time. Or is there a special Butoh theatre which I could contact? Thank you. Beate
by Beate  

... 2007/10/17 11:51
Buto as in dancing i•‘“₯jor Budo (•“Ή, martial art)?
by JLady rate this post as useful

Butoh performance 2007/10/17 14:14
Buto as in dancing!
Thanks. B.
by Beate rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/17 18:21
I see.

New Year Performance will be held at National Theater from Jan 5th to 8th. If I find something during your trip, I'll post it later.
by JLady rate this post as useful

Thanks JLady 2007/12/2 11:19
Just wanted to thank you for telling me that there are no Kyudo practice in the New Year's time. How about museum or places where I can marvel real antique Samurai Katanas (swords), especially those that are made by Mastyers hundreds of years ago. I will also try to post this on the Forum.Thanks.
by John Zee rate this post as useful

Butoh 2007/12/3 10:05
I am interseted in butoh, also. I have sharp memories of watching Byakkosha, Dairakudakan and others in the 1980s. But I have not kept in touch.

I wonder if there are new troupes (there must be), and if any of these have websites.

And if the websites are as radical and anti-matter as the performance itself.
by Tama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread