Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

refillable small porttion noodle 2007/10/17 23:44
whats that called in Japan where there's a waitress who kept filling your bowl with a minute portion of noodle until you stop.

Would like to try that in Japan.

Thanks!
by kenopps  

wanko soba 2007/10/18 22:36
by AK rate this post as useful

so can i find it outside of morioka.. 2007/10/19 00:39
is it found in Hokkaido?
by kenopps rate this post as useful

That way of . . . 2007/10/19 09:09
. . . eating soba is also a tradition elsewhere in Japan. I know it wasn't Morioka because I recall eating it that way at a small restaurant at the shore, and there is no shore in Morioka!

I can't recall the place right now, but there was a small offshore island with seabirds (the island was white with bird crap) and a nearby lighthouse. Since it was at the end of a JR hike I believe it was Izu.

by Clevor rate this post as useful

Asumaya Soba 2007/10/19 11:21
Azumaya Soba is a branch of the famous Morioka Wanko soba. It is located near the Morioka station. Some side dishes like dry vegetables and minced pork/chicken are served with the noodles. It costs around 2,600 yen per head. I had the honor of eating 14 bowls, well below the average( 40 to 50 ). Actually the portion is rather small, just a mouthful. After you have done, a certificate will be issued to you for your hard work. Great fun! Don't forget to bring along your digital camera.
by tju rate this post as useful

reply to this thread