Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to stay Shinjuku or Roppogi? 2007/10/18 14:18
I want to be in the middle of nightlife roppongi or shinjuku which is more fun for an american girl?
by kristal  

Shin/ropp? 2007/10/18 21:18
Hiya, are you going to be on your own? I stayed in Shinjuku (Nishi Shinjuku hotel - very reasonable) I find Roppongi a little too...hmm, what's the word...seedy? Depends where abouts you stay though, and what you want to do. Daylife/shopping/nightlife.
Shinjuku also has better transport links, it's on quite a few train lines etc.
by furan rate this post as useful

What you want and can afford 2007/10/20 07:52
Kristal,

It is all in the age and money.

I personally like Shinjuku and some of the off-beat streets and dives. The nightlife (particularly Friday and Saturday evening) consist more of people in their mid to late 20’s up to their forties. A lot of dinner and such!

Shibuya lends itself to the 20- to 30-year old crowd. I think it is a more active area. What kind of stuff you want to do may help you decide.

Money matters, because hotels can go from cheap to expensive. For example you can look at hotels like the Kadoya Hotel (business style) for about $65 to $80 US, Tokyu Inn $80+ or Shinjuku Prince for $120+. Or even the Granbellhotel or Shibuya Tokyu Inn (Shibuya) at about $118.

I offer these as only examples only. I have stayed at each and to tell you the truth…look at what you can afford and then go have a good time.

Tenshi
by Tenshi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread