Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai airport to nara ken. Bus? 2007/10/20 09:56
Hi
I will arrive at Kansai airport at about 9pm at night, and need to get to Shimoichi, in Yoshino gun, Nara ken. (Or a stop close by). I know there is a bus from the airport, Can anyone please help?
Many thanks in advance
by Ellie  

... 2007/10/21 10:45
Ellie, I recommend staying overnight in Osaka. Even if your flight arrives on time, you cannot reach Shimoichi on the same day.

As trains for Shimoichi (Shimoichiguchi station) leave Kintetsu Abenobashi station (which is close to JR Tennoji station). how about finding a hotel near Abenobashi/Tennoji?
by JLady rate this post as useful

Thanks, any recommendations for hotel? 2007/10/21 17:44
Thanks so much, yes I think I will do that as I will have my 8 year old daughter with me. Do you recommend any good hotels, and would I just catch a train from the airport to that station (abenobashi?)?
Many thanks in advance...
by Ellie rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/21 18:01
Yes, I think staying in Abenobashi/Tennoji is good for you. It is a bit confusing but these 2 stations are connected by gangways and can be considered the same station. (Tennoji is the name for JR while Abenobashi is for Kintestsu)
See the map : http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/map/020_Tennoji.html

The closest 4 star hotel is Tennoji Miyako hotel.
http://www.miyakohotels.ne.jp/tennoji/

There are also several business hotels near the station.
Please use this site.
http://travel.rakuten.co.jp/en/
by JLady rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/3 14:23
I found three bus lines from Kansai Airport into Nara Prefecture, but none of them go to Shimoichi:
- to Nara City
- to Yamato Yagi Station, Sakurai
- to Kintetsu Gakuenmae Station, Kyo-tanabe
by Uji rate this post as useful

Sorry, a few more questions... 2007/11/18 19:12
I am wondering that if I stay in Namba, how difficult would it be to get to Tennoji? (I understand that I travel from Tennoji to Shimoichiguchi)
I also think I may stay 2 nights, and take my daughter to Universal studios. Would this be a good idea?
If I take the airport train to Namba, how hard would it be to get from Namba to Tennoji if I choose to stay there? And which would be best to stay at to go to Universal studios?
Thanks SO much in advance. I have been to Japan several times, but have only ever passed through Osaka or gone with someone else.I have no idea!
by Ellie rate this post as useful

Namba 2007/11/19 04:26
take the Midosuji subway line from Namba to Tennoji.

I do not recommend at all that you go to Universal studios! why in the world would you want to waste time and money to see fake US movies slhock when Japan has so much to offer? Going to Universal studios in the USA makes sense but not in Japan.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread