Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Do you have to be Qualified to teach? 2007/10/20 11:37
Im Ben and its my last year in school.

I am seriously considering travel when I am finished my schooling, but am concerned if I will be able to pick up work or not... Friends tell me its a good idea to get into basic english teaching.

Basically my question still lies: ''Do you have to be Qualified to teach english, or just natively speak english in order to teach it?.''
Would i have to obtain some type of recognition before entering into any english teaching arrangement? Therefore having to go to college etc.

Just so you know, I am interested in living in japan, so anyone who can give me advice relationg to my question would be much appreciated.

Thanks heaps.
by Ben  

. 2007/10/21 02:54
If you are a native english speaker with a bachelors degree then you have a chance of getting hired as an instructor on a full fledge work visa, especially if you are thinking long term.

Of course at the moment if Nova goes south there's going to be A LOT, I mean A LOT of out of job english teachers, so if you want to make youself look a little more competent then yes many some extra stuff maybe good to have.
by John rate this post as useful

Thanks John 2007/10/21 09:05
John,
I see that you are a very diligent man when it comes to this topic, as i have read several other forums on this topic where you have been a key player.
You obviously have some amount of expierience in this field of work.
I greatly appreciate your advice and will endeavor to fulfill my dream teaching English in Japan.
by Ben rate this post as useful

reply to this thread