Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

homestay 2007/10/22 11:45
My 16 year old daughter will be staying with a host family in Fukuoka from late Nov - late Dec.
Would it be approporiate to give the family christmas decorations or such or just Aussie made gifts?
Also is it cheaper to buy a digital camera duty free in Aus, Singapore (she has a stopover there) or Japan?
Thanks
Therese
by Therese  

to Therese 2007/11/2 13:48
If you are going to choose from either Christmas decoration or Australian gift,i would recomend australian gift.

Maybe some Australian candies and cockies make host family very happy.
A card from your family would be nice also.
by hodad rate this post as useful

.. 2007/11/9 17:09
hello,
i am a 16yr old girl,
I have been in japan for about 2 years now.
I live with homestays and move to a new one around every 3months.
I know that they love tim tams, little key rings, etc
anything cute, or funny
Also tell your daughter to take over a jar of vegemite and a packet or licorice.. haha quite funny watching there faces as they try it.
by tesuko rate this post as useful

I agree 2007/11/10 02:11
with the other two, that Aussie gifts would be better. I looked at cameras recently in Singapore, and the model I was interested in was not cheaper there at reputable shops. I'm pretty sure that it would be cheaper to buy the camera in Japan because the Aussie dollar is so strong and the yen is so weak.
by M rate this post as useful

reply to this thread