Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

troubles signing up on jalan.net 2007/10/22 21:57
Hi all,

Is there anyone here who lives outside of Japan who has signed up on jalan.net before? I'm trying to sign up, and I've put my English name in katakana, and for my contact details I've just put my Australian address in English.

However, it won't go through because my postcode is 4 digits long, and they're expecting 6-7 digit long postcodes... Does anyone know a way around this?
I would really like to use jalan.net if possible.

TIA all!
by jackie  

... 2007/10/23 22:35
When I was living abroad (I am Japanese), I signed up on Jalan using my foreign address. For postal cord, I improvised 8-digit number, something like "00000000" (because it doesn't really matter when you're abroad) and it worked for me.
by JLady rate this post as useful

Friend's adress 2007/10/23 23:06
I signed up by using a Japanese friend's address (and phone number)... I don't know what's best!!
by Kali rate this post as useful

thanks 2007/10/24 18:07
Thanks for your replies JLady and Kali!

I actually ended up finding the answer on the Jalan FAQ. They said that if you want to sign up and you live overseas, then to choose "sono hoka" for the prefecture select, and to substitute "999-9999" for the postcode. So I did that and have managed to sign up and make bookings.

Thanks again, and maybe this will be helpful to others.
by jackie rate this post as useful

English explanations for jalan.net 2007/12/17 13:03
Indeed, jalan.net is a great tool when you want to reserve an accommodation in Japan. Unfortunately, it is only available in Japanese. However, if you can use hiragana/katakana on your computer, is it not that difficult to use. There are basic explanations here on how to register, search and reserve hotels/ryokan/minshuku or pensions...
http://www.secret-japan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=439

sanji
by sanji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread