Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advise for people returning to Japan 2007/10/23 00:14
Good day to everyone. I used to live in Japan as a military member from 2001 to 2005, as military member I used to come and go on deployments and stay in Japan for 3 month periods at a time. I did have a house in the Zama area which I found to have lots of rice fileds and have a country kind of feeling while been quite close to the city (very comfortable and peaceful). I even got the experience of purchasing a car and driving around japan.

Ok so now I will be returning to Japan, but this time as a civilian working on a military base. I will be staying, but the city area. Yokosuka area to be precise. I just wanted to know if anyone had any advice for me. In regards to living in an apartment, or items I should take with me. Iknow the question sounds somewhat ambigiuos, so lets clarify it a little bit more.

If you where coming to the Japan from the U.S., what would you bring or not bring? What mistakes would you not do that you did before?

All advice is greatly appreciated.
by Supercoqui  

bring or no bring 2007/10/25 19:15
hello im no american so i can only say from japanese standpoint

bring medicine that you are used to take becos they might not be sold here such as strong flu medicines.but then agian maybe you can buy them at base commissary store no?

i cant thing of any no brings. just dnt bring any naughty stuff :) seriously speaking,you can buy alomost any gagets here and ofcuorse there is always ebay

oh and bring macaroni&cheese and moonpie just for me!!LOL they are not slod here!!:( i dont know why?? they are so daaang goooooo

anyways i hope you will be happy living in japan again!!
good luck
by hodad rate this post as useful

thanks for the answer 2007/10/25 22:29
Well, that relaxes me then. I remember the main problem was finiding shoes, but I got it cover this time.

Not to sound out of the usual, but if there any place to find other than regular sized condoms? Please answer if serious only.
by Supercoqui rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/26 01:52
I'm assuming you're looking for larger-sized (American brand) condoms (you didn't specify whether you're looking for bigger or smaller than regular ;).

Try condommania in Harajuku, or order online from http://www.fbcusa.com
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

thanks for the answer 2007/10/26 02:35
Thanks for the information. Cheers!
by Supercoqui rate this post as useful

Definitely 2007/10/29 03:27
Bring plenty of your favorite brand of toothpaste.
by happee rate this post as useful

reply to this thread