Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bear Papa creme puffs? 2007/10/23 02:11
I was watching TV the other day and they did a special on these creme puffs called "bear papas (?)". They're supposedly the freshest, tastiest creme puffs ever. I'd love to check them out. Anyone know where you can buy them?
by T  

Beard Papa chou creme 2007/10/23 09:59
It's actually "Beard Papa". There's a store near the moai statue outside Shibuya station- around the corner from Hachiko.
All creme puffs (called by the French name chou creme in Japanese) taste pretty much the same to me, I'm not a connoiseur, so I don't know if they're worth a long trip, but maybe.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Beard Papa 2007/10/23 10:23
T,

There are Beard Papa shops all over Tokyo and elsewhere (worldwide).
If you like cream puffs, then, Beard Papa is definitely worth checking out, as they are freshly baked on the premises and still crispy on the outside. Just be careful not to inhale the icing sugar on the outside. ;-)
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/23 10:50
Beard Papa cream puffs are some of the best in my opinion. They're crispy on the outside and chilled creamy on the inside.

I've seen them at almost every mall that I've been to. I've also seen them in a few of the major train stations around Tokyo but I can't remember exactly where.

Try the cookie cream puff and whatever seasonal one they have at the moment.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Awesome! Thanks everyone! 2007/10/23 13:02
Thanks for all your posts. I'll be in Tokyo in November. I will definitely try to sample the flavours out there =) Creme puffs are awesome!
by T rate this post as useful

In singapore too.. 2007/10/23 18:08
There's Beard Papa in Singapore as well.
I think the original Vanilla cream ones are the yummiest. They have bite sized cheesecakes and other sinfully chocolatey goodies as well
by Amelia rate this post as useful

Beard Papa websites 2007/10/24 05:34
Beard Papa website (English) http://www.muginohousa.com/

Beard Papa story
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beard_Papa
by nanshi rate this post as useful

. 2007/10/24 19:43
I love the green tea creme flavoured puffs.

However their fondants chocolate cakes are the to-die-for items. Also their cheese cake sticks.

The fondant overshadows the puffs in my opinion and is a later addition I was told.
by Blanc rate this post as useful

Beard Papa's 2007/10/24 20:05
I was surprised and happy to see a Beard Papa's shop in San Francisco when I was there on vacation last month. I always thought they were found only in the Umeda area of Osaka. I didn't realize it was a chain...

I think they make the BEST chou cremes in Osaka!!! I LOVE the regular ones, but I don't care much about any of the other flavors.
by Maya rate this post as useful

Store in Shinjuku 2007/10/25 10:15
Does anyone know where I can find Bread Papa in Shinjuku? Thanks.
by Rilakkuma rate this post as useful

not in Shinjuku 2007/10/25 13:16
They don't have any shops in Shinjuku. The nearest would be the one at Toyoko mall of Tokyu Department store in Shibuya.
by . rate this post as useful

reply to this thread