Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Himeji to ? Where to go next 2007/10/23 12:55
Can somebody please help me with some suggestions on where to travel to from Himeji. I will have a JR pass and would like to see some interesting areas from 16 April till when I have to be back in Osaka(Kansai)Airport for a PM flight on 23 April. So I have about 1 week to fill in. I have already been to Tokyo so was thinking more of Takayama Gifu prefecture with some Onsen visits.Can someone help with ideas, timings I would like to see more of traditional Japan..Please help Im overwhelmed with information!
by Sophie  

where to go 2007/10/23 17:29
Gifu, is ok many places to visit on day trips
by bigbob rate this post as useful

hiroshima? 2007/10/23 21:09
Doesn't the osaka - himeji line go all the way to Hiroshima? It's definitely on my itinerary for next visit.
by furan rate this post as useful

Yes Hiroshima definately! 2007/10/24 14:03
Furan yes, I have already got that on my plans. I am doing Hiroshima in the first week coming back via Himeji. Thats when I was wondering which area to do after that..
by Sophie rate this post as useful

few places nearby 2007/10/24 14:22

Miyajima (floating castle) is close to Hiroshima. You can even go to Iwakuni (wooden bridge).
You can see Maiko Spring Odori at the theater in Kyoto (during April month, annual thing).
by cc rate this post as useful

kobe? 2007/10/24 21:04
there's quite a lot to see in Kobe, Mount Rokko, Arima Onsen (i think) there's that longest suspension bridge going which I'm SO going over next visit, sorry I'm a bit thin on names/details I have a memory like a seive.
Sannomiya is also a very pleasant, with plenty of shops, there's some lanes there near the station with loads of small fashion/accessory shops if you like shopping. Are you after more rural/cultural things to see, or just ideas in general?

kyoto 2007/10/24 21:06
hi again, just re-read your post. If you've got a week to kill, I'd DEF spend it in Kyoto. It's only a little way the other side of Osaka, and if you want cultural stuff - you'll certainly get your fill there. :D

Thanks! 2007/10/25 07:38
Thanks Furan and cc for your good suggestions will definately look into that..I only wish I had more time! It seems there are so many great places to see. Does anyone know about Nara is it worth doing a day trip there from Kyoto?
by Sophie rate this post as useful

yes for Nara 2007/10/25 11:17
Yes it's worth the trip, Nara is older than Kyoto which is right next door.
Aren't you that person would be traveling with small children? It's great for you them to see the deer park and it's quieter pace there.
by cc rate this post as useful

reply to this thread