Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Types of Soba: Which is the Best Soba? 2007/10/25 04:14
Hi,

Which Soba or Buckwheat noodle is best?

There are so many types in the supermarket. I saw one for 250 grams = 100 yen; the other is 200 grams = 250 yen. Go figure.

Please advice how to choose what type of soba.

I am intrested in whole grain soba if that exists.

What brands do you prefer?
Where is the best place to buy dried soba. I want to buy a box load for a whole year's worth of noodles.
by noodle lover  

Unless you . . . 2007/10/26 10:29
. . . are fluent in Japanese it will be difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff at Tokyo outlets.

The best way is when visiting someplace famous for soba (like Nagano or Matsumoto and a whole lot of other places in Japan), pick up the $$$ stuff from the gift shops in the area.

It's the same way with tea . . .
by Clevor rate this post as useful

go about it blind? 2007/10/26 10:39
I don't think I can go about it blind.

Can someone suggest a soba noodle proven brand and sort?

Thanks!!!!
by Types of Soba: Which is the Best Soba? rate this post as useful

For 350yen 2007/10/26 18:03
Try them both, see what you like best. it's not like you're gonna break the bank.
by suki soba rate this post as useful

which brand is best? 2007/10/27 01:54
Which dried soba brand is the best you have tried?

I am planning a loadful on my next japan visit. I cannot make a mistake and buy a bad one!

What ingredients should I be focusing on? I don't read japanese.
by Types of Soba: Which is the Best Soba? rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/28 17:07
Hmm...it's difficult to pick one brand. Generally, cheap Soba (100yen a pack) does not use soba much and is very dry. My favorite one is HEGISOBA(ւ) or TOKAMACHI SOBA().
They are local produce in Tohoku district and use seaweed as an ingredient. As such, noodles are very smooth on the tongue. Price at supermarket would be about 300 yen a pack.
by JLady rate this post as useful

reply to this thread