Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Christmas Presents 2007/10/26 09:13
I know it is appropriate to give a present to memebers of a host family on arrival but my daughter will be there for christmans too.

Should she give another present on Christmas Day?

And if so should that be from Australia too?

Thanks for any advice.
by Therese  

gift por host family 2007/10/27 16:24
im guessing it depends on the family your lovely daughter stay with are weather celebrating christmas or not.
are there ani kids in the family? most japanis are not celebrating Christmas religiously.

how about bring an Australian gift for the family and also bring some nice christmas card so she can write something nice & sweet later yes?

japanis give gift to show sincereness and appreciation so it dos not necessary need to be expensive. how can i say this... you already cared about the family not to insult(?) so that is good spirit and they will be honored by yor concern.
(i hop i said this right)
by hodad rate this post as useful

depends i guess 2007/10/27 17:15
you could alway say you and your daughter speant a great deal of time to try and find a present they would like, and please accept it with your love or something, you know in a friendly way

obviously dont try my advice for certain lol, just some idea, i've never been in your situation before
by by the way rate this post as useful

Thanks 2007/10/28 21:32
Thanks you for the responses. Much appreciated
by Therese rate this post as useful

. 2007/10/29 06:59
There are many people who don't celebrate Christmas religiously, even in many western countries. Yes christmas is not a national hiliday in Japan, but no one cal tell you that the Japanese at least in the major cities don't go out and still decorate for the holiday seasons. But there are people who do get into the holiday mood and do send out cards and depending on the person small gifts. However, the reason is NEW YEARS is a much much bigger holiday in Japan and thats when people usually meet up and celebrate, gifts, travel etc.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread