Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Web Designer Jobs ? 2007/11/1 10:35
I would like to know if there is good opportunities for web designers in Japan. I am a Web designer with 4 years experience in web designing, Web Accessibility and Usability. I have been looking for jobs in all the job sites found in google. But everyone seem to emphasize on knowledge in Japanese! Is it mandatory to know Japanese ?
by Roshan  

... 2007/11/1 11:53
If you want to work in Japan with Japanese clients, I would say you need to know the language - how else would you expect to understand their needs?
by ... rate this post as useful

English ? 2007/11/1 11:57
I understand. But, most of the places - even some Asian countries - seem to be quiet comfortable with English. that is why I asked :)

*goes to find a good Japanese tutorial*
by Roshan rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/1 12:27
I think with web design, technical skills to build websites is one thing, but another major part would be interacting with the clients to really get to know their needs... and you cannot expect every client in Japan to feel comfortable communicating in English. Maybe you might need to work in a team (with Japanese sales/customer relations staff), or find a company that specializes in working only with foreign companies in Japan... but that may be difficult to find... good luck in everything!
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread