Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

job in TV/radio business 2007/11/1 20:15
Hi there,
my topic says it all. I plan to go to japan with a working holiday visa in february or march 08.
currently I'm working for a tv production company here in germany and my work experience in that field includes sound recording, video and audio postproduction, working at tv and radio stations.
of course I would like to find a job in that field again...as my japanese isn't that good, yet, I would need a company (or tv/radio station) with english (or german LOL) being the language to communicate with. maybe even a US military radio station or things like that (I don't think there are german things like that in the tokyo area, at all).

does anyone of you have any advice on that? maybe someone here even works in that field, too. links to webpages would be great, of course.

well, thanks in advance. :)

Markus
by Markus  

InterFM, Eagle FM 2007/11/2 10:08
InterFM is the main "bilingual" radio station here- maybe have look at their website. A pretty hard industry to get into without contacts though.

The US Forces station is Eagle FM, but as far as I can tell is staffed entirely by Americans, often with DJs with names like "Staff Sergeant Donaldson" so I imagine it would also be hard for someone without contacts to get a look in there.
by Sira rate this post as useful

tv,radio job 2007/11/2 14:45
MTV-Japan and Nickelodeon is looking for intern but you need JLPT1 equiv.
can you operate Pro-Tools?

CNNj is looking for sound enginner but requier native level Japanese also.

or how about places like McCann Erickson or other agency? they often use in-house pre-production EED/MA engineers.

if your Japanes is not so good,probably it's difficult to communicate with Japanese producers and directors to create audio/visual products in postproduction. so you might have better chances with international companies.

RedBull japan was hiring creators few month ago,it might be interesting because they are really extreme.

you never know.. might get lucky =P

sorry i am terrible at writing English sentences.
by hodad rate this post as useful

reply to this thread