Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Questions about Joypolis Odaiba 2007/11/3 11:27
Hi,
I have some questions about Sega Joypolis in Odaiba.

I am looking at the website, but not too clear about the pricing.
http://www.sega.co.jp/joypolis/tokyo/home_e.shtml#howto

1) If I get the passport Y3500, do I still need to pay for the Y500 admission?

2) If I have the passport, can I exit and reenter Joypolis on the same day? I may want to check out Joypolis in the morning, then go to palettetown and back at Joypolis again at night since it opens till 11pm.

3)Is it crowded with long queues after 5pm weekdays? Night passport is cheaper Y2500, but I won't want to queue too long for every ride.
by sgnick  

... 2007/11/3 13:41
1) No, the admission is included in the Passport price.

2) It only says it is valid for the day of issue for use by the purchaser. To prevent two people sharing a Passport ticket, for people who want to re-enter, such amusement facilities stamp your hand upon leaving the facility once, then when you come back later you show the stamp to re-enter. But no mention of this at all; you might want to check when you go there.
by AK rate this post as useful

Crowds at Joypolis 2007/11/6 01:49
My friends and I usually went to Joypolis after 6 pm on Sundays for the cheaper rate. We didn't have so many issues with lines. The more popular rides had longer lines (45-65 min). They post a little time board for each ride but a lot of the times you won't have to wait as long. Usually at after 8 pm the lines are shorter. Most of the rides are simulators and walk throughs so only so many people can get on a ride/do a walk through at one time. Also if you don't understand Japanese, the some of the walkthroughs can be confusing while some others are easy to get without having to understand the language.
by Banna rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/6 09:44
Thanks for your help AK and Banna. From the waiting time of the popular rides (45-65mins), I think I'll go in the morning so that I can save some time, maybe even go for the good rides more than once.
by sgnick rate this post as useful

morning 2007/11/7 14:25
I've been to Joypolis with my daughter about 4 times.

It's best to go on a weekday, if you can. Even better if you get there as soon as it opens in the morning(10am if I recall correctly), and there are virtually no queues until about lunch time.
If you don't get a passport, the better irdes cost 400-600yen each, so the break even point is about 6 rides. If you go early/mid afternoon on a weekend, you may not get your money's worth out of a passport, because you will not be able to get 6 rides, due to the long queues!!!!
by Sandy rate this post as useful

Thanks Sandy 2007/11/7 14:49
I'll do that.

Btw, do you know if the passport allows re-entry on the same day?
by sgnick rate this post as useful

reentry 2007/11/7 17:08
I'm really not sure if you can re-enter. However, If you get there at opening time, and you've gotten used to waiting 0-10 minutes a ride, by 2pm, you will probably have had enough anyway!!! I'd say you could do the main 5-6 rides in one hour, go on them all again plus some others in the next 3 hours. You'll have gotten your passport's worth in the first hour and a half.

After you've gotten used to short queues, waiting longer than 20 min will not be something you'll want to do.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread