Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Another legend? 2007/11/4 00:08
I am an aspiring manga artist it is my dream and i would like to know if a use another country's legends but i japanize it will the japanese appreciate it? Mashashi Kishimoto i look up to him and naruto because it pushes me to believe i can come up with a better manga.
by Sakura  

. 2007/11/4 10:44
It really depends on what the legend is. If you try to import Robin Hood and make a Japanese version of Robin Hood, I don't think that would create a stir or anything, but if you import maybe something more contraversial or unreal then maybe people would just be plain confused.
by John rate this post as useful

Re: Another legend? 2007/11/4 16:42
That is not an uncommon way to create a story for a book or film. For example, Akira Kurosawa took several Shakespearian stories (Hamlet, King Lear and Macbeth) and turned them into something truly Japanese. The problem is always in the last part, turning it into something truly of the new culture you immerse the story in.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

RE 2007/11/10 23:41
I hate robin hood i was planning to use a russian legend or story because i liked learning about the USSR ,Soviet Union, their communist struggles and stuff but i don't think it is a good idea.
by Sakura rate this post as useful

reply to this thread