Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Correction of text 2007/11/8 00:40
I wrote this text in my blog ... but I'm a beginner in japanese. I tried my best and figured out the rest.
Can someone take a look? I hope you understand what I try to mean.

あなたへ心から

私はあなたが大好きだった。今日は愛があればことを知られない。今日も私の気持ち本当にとても変なだよ。あの日の恋忘れられない。あの時一緒には私の人生の一番幸せだった。でも、切なかったも。思い出は今でも苦しい。
これは純愛か愚愛だか。知らない。しかし恐いだよ。8月前私たちは話を止めた。私はできなかった。今はどうしよう。あなたが必要だったけど失せた。私は時間がも一度二人に成ってほしい。

愛してると思うから、
by pepe  

to Pepe 2007/11/8 13:11
just in case, please give us your sentence in English at this site, i'm assure someone will translate them for you
by im rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/8 17:36
If it's important, yes, please post the English. I can guess parts of it, but not fully.
by AK rate this post as useful

Here it goes 2007/11/8 20:13
To you from the heart

I liked you very much. Today I can't know if there is any love. Today too my feelings are really very strange. I can't forget those days of love. That time (where we were) together were the happiest in my life. But they were painful too. Memories still hurt. Is it pure love or an stupid love? I don't know. However I'm scared. It's been 8 months since we don't talk to each other. I couldn't (talk to you). What should I do now? I needed you but you disappeared. I wish time will unite us once again (lit. become two)

(all of this is) because I love you.

---------------

Thank you very much. It is my first writing in japanese (i'm studying it by myself for 6-7 months) ... and it's for someone who can't read japanese ... it was just the way I wanted to express my feelings and her not understanding. haha

Thank you
by pepe rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/8 20:23
With some rephrasing of the English as well:

To you, from the heart
I liked you very much. Today I don't know if there is any love. I can't describe my feelings today. I can't forget those days of love. That time (when we were) together were the happiest time in my life. But they were at the same time painful too. Memories still hurt.

Is it pure love or an stupid love? I don't know. However I feel scared. We stopped talking to each other 8 months ago. I could no longer talk to you. What should I do now? I needed you but you disappeared. I wish time will unite us once again.

I am writing this precisely because I love you.

あなたへ、心から

私はあなたが大好きだった。今日では、愛があるのかどうかわからない。今では、私の気持ちはなんともいえない。あの恋の日々を忘れられない。あの時、一緒一緒だったときこそが、私の人生の一番幸せな時だった。でも、同時に切なくもあった。思い出は今でも苦しい。
これは純な愛なのか愚かな愛なのか?私にはわからない。でも、怖いと感じる。8ヶ月前に、私たちはお互いと話すことをやめた。私は話せなくなっていた。今、どうしたらいいのだろう?。あなたが必要だったのに、あなたはどこかに消えてしまった。時がもう一度、二人を結び付けてくれないかと願っている。

愛してると思うからこそ、こうして書いています。
by AK rate this post as useful

Thank you 2007/11/8 20:57
Thank you again ... I did it more for the fun of practising and learning japanese ... would you mind highlighting what is wrong and what is not understandable in my original text?
I guess you are japanse ... so could you say please what sounded strange to your ears both grammatically as well as words....
Once again thank you cause I see you always answering in a very interesting way in all the threads.
by pepe rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/8 22:22
Please read my suggested text; it's full of hints I believe (and hope) :)

今日は愛があればことを知られない。あればことを does not make sense. If you
want to say "if/whether there is love," it should be as suggested.

今日も私の気持ち本当にとても変なだよ。変なだよ is grammatically incorrect.
"hen(na)" is a "na-adjective," and it should be 変だよ (it's strange). However, "hen" is
not quite the right word here... that's why I re-phrased your English.

あの日の恋忘れられない。あの日の恋 means "love of that day." So if you want
to say "those days of love," it should be あの恋の日々.

あの時一緒には私の人生の一番幸せだった。 The part about "when we were
together" should be 一緒だったとき

でも、切なかったも。"mo" cannot simply be used like "...too." at the end like this.

これは純愛か愚愛だか。知らない。There is a difference between "shiranai" (more like "I'm not aware of it") and "wakaranai" (I don't understand it).

しかし恐いだよ。"kowai" is an i-adjective. Grammatically it should be 恐いよ。But again I rephrased it.

The rest I could not guess what you wanted to say...
by AK (Japanese) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread