Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Himeji Castle question 2007/11/8 12:04
We are planning to visit Himeji Castle on 23rd December. I know its the Emperior's birthday that day. So I need to know if the Castle might be closed that day or not, or even the day after 24th.
by Sue  

... 2007/11/8 15:27
The castle is open on both days.
by JLady rate this post as useful

Thank you! ONE MORE QUESTION.... 2007/11/8 16:17
thanks alot!
Also another question. We are traveling up to Hiroshima from Osaka, and thought we might as well stop on the way to go to himeji. I have a giant luggage bag, so I am a bit worried that their lockers (if any) won't fit. Anyone been there have any suggestions? Can I leave my bag with the station masters??
by Sue rate this post as useful

himeji lockers 2007/11/9 21:04
Hi their,

we just came back from himeji and saw the castle for a few hours we had two large suitcases and managed to get too lockers with ease. their seems to be ample of lockers at Himjei staion.
by fezza rate this post as useful

luggage 2007/11/10 05:31
Please allow me to make a suggestion:
I just came back from a 2 weeks trip to Japan (my 8th one). I took a 24" suitcase w/ wheels and it was more than enough.
everywher I go I see people struggling w/ huge suitcases and I can't understand why. not to mention that airlines are cracking down on the number and weight of bags.
You may well argue that you already have a big bag!..well my suitcase is one of set of 3 that I got for 75% off, and I have about 4 or 5 other bags of different sizes..
the trick is to wear darker colours that don't show dirt as much, lots of thin TS, shirts, that can be layered etc. many hotels have washing machines too and, unlike i nsome other countries japanese (business) Hotels don't mind if you wash underwear etc. as they have a retractable clotheline above the tub.
by Plantagenesta rate this post as useful

reply to this thread