Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

NEX / Suica Card 2007/11/8 17:24
With the NEX & Suica package, when you purchase it at Narita airport, can you book the NEX from Shinjuku to Narita for your flight home?

I arrive in Narita on 10 Dec but have to transfer to Haneda to catch a plane to Sapporo so there is no need for the NEX card. However, I am coming back to Tokyo and need to fly out of Narita on 23 Dec.
by jt_85  

... 2007/11/8 18:00
With the NEX & Suica package, when you purchase it at Narita airport, can you book the NEX from Shinjuku to Narita for your flight home?

I arrive in Narita on 10 Dec but have to transfer to Haneda to catch a plane to Sapporo so there is no need for the NEX card. However, I am coming back to Tokyo and need to fly out of Narita on 23 Dec.

I don't think you realize that Haneda is about 1.5 - 2 hrs. away from Narita, so you could use the NEX if you plan to transfer by train. It would be better for you to get a connecting flight from Narita to Sapporo rather than transferring to Haneda first.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/9 10:23
I did realise Haneda was about 2 hours away - i was just intending to take the Limosine bus.

However, after further research, I see I can do the following:
1) Take NEX to Tokyo Station
2) Switch onto the JR Yamanote Line to Hamamatsucho
3) Take Tokyo Monorail to Haneda Airport

Are the connections easy to make? And roughly how often does the train from Tokyo Station leave for Hamamtuscho?
by jt_85 rate this post as useful

. 2007/11/9 10:56
You can use NEX portion of NEX/Suica package going to Tokyo only. You cannot use it to Narita from central Tokyo.

Transfer to Yamanote at Tokyo Station takes about 10 minutes. The platforms are located apart and at different levels. Yamanote trains come every 2-3 minutes and Monorail come every 10-15 minutes.
by Tokyonet rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/9 14:22
Thank you for your assistance Tokyonet. It is greatly appreciated :)
by jt_85 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread