Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Current Trends in Japanese Cinema 2007/11/9 02:28
I'm having trouble identifying current trends in Japanese Cinema.
Names of movies wouldn't be particularly helpful, but I may be able to use them.

Thanks.
by Akashi  

. 2007/11/9 09:58
Maybe you'd better explain why you need such information?
It's hard to tell if you need it for a good reason, or just trying to make others do your homework...
by . rate this post as useful

idk 2007/11/9 10:42
I dont see why he should provide such information

Akashi, I dont know much but I know horror films have been popular if that helps any
by john rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/9 11:07
I am also interested to know what you are asking for. It would help us to give you better answers.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

movies 2007/11/9 13:40
the Japan Times newspaper has regular reviews of movies...you could email their critic..I doubt that people on this forum see enough Japanese movies to be able to discern "trends". I sure couldn't do that even at home. I am not interested in most US movies, only in the odd one, so I don't keep track of the % of movies that have this or that theme...
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/9 17:44
Actually, I think horror movies are the trend for "exported Japanese movies". In Japan, what you get today varies greatly. Maybe nostalgia is a trend, though.
by Uco rate this post as useful

hmm 2007/11/10 01:54
I went to the Japan Times website, but they have several reviewers, and no contact information is provided. I appreciate the suggestion though.

The reason I want to know what the current trends are is simply because I find modern Japanese cinema interesting and enjoy studying and evaluating it. However, I'm not too good at recognizing things like genre conventions and trends...
by Akashi rate this post as useful

speaking of which... 2007/11/10 08:39
is there a website that provides information about international movies that are coming into Japan. For example, American Ganster, i wonder when and where will it be shown in Japan.
come to think of it might be a good business idea, hmmm.
Anyway thanks in advance.
by In rate this post as useful

reply to this thread