Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Swiss francs - exchange in Japan ? 2007/11/9 04:35
Hi all,

what do you reckon: is it difficult to change Swiss Francs in Tokyo, Osaka, Fukuoka ?
Do I have to take USD or Euro with me?

Thanks for your advice,
by bumblebee  

... 2007/11/9 10:40
You should have no problems exchanging Swiss Francs at Tokyo's Narita Airport and Osaka's Kansai Airport.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2007/11/9 18:59
thank you, Uji
by bumblebee rate this post as useful

Money 2007/11/9 19:59
The exchange rate you will get in Japan for Swiss Francs will be worse than in Switzerland.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

takes time 2007/11/9 20:44
In 2000 I exchange CHF Swiss bankers travellers checks at a bank in Nagoya, it took them about half an hour. I've just come back from a trip to Japan, I exchanged my yens in Switzerland, if having cash, it's better to have so that you don't lose too much time. I have an account by the UBS and could bring back my remaining yens without problems
by heidi rate this post as useful

. 2007/11/9 22:20
thank you all for your valuable advice !
by bumblebee rate this post as useful

ATM 2007/11/10 04:14
If you have a Maestro card which most banks in Switzerland offer, or a Postcard from the Swiss post office, you can withdraw cash in any ATM in Japan's postoffices. I think that's the easiest way. It costs avout 5CHF for each withdrawal but the rate is usually quite good.
by Kali rate this post as useful

reply to this thread