Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Four seniors Narita to Haneda 2007/11/9 08:34
OUR PLANE LANDS AT 1800 AND THERE IS ANOTER PLANE LEAVING HANEDA AT 10 PM.IS THEERE SUCH A THING AS HELICOPTER? OR SMALL PLANE WE COULD RESERVE TO TAKE US TO OSAKA? LIMO? OR JUST STAY OVERNIGHT IN TOKYO? WE HAQVE TO NB IN OSAKA THE NEXT DAY FOR OUR TOUR.
by BEV  

... 2007/11/9 10:29
I'm confused. You land in Narita at 1800 and need to be in Osaka by the next day. You then mention a flight from Haneda that leaves at 2200. If you have booked that flight then all you need to do is transfer from Narita to Haneda. It can be done by train or bus and takes about 1.5-2 hours, plenty of time to make your flight.

Another option if you haven't booked the flight yet is to get a connecting flight from Narita to Itami Airport in Osaka. Much easier and probably cheaper then transferring to Haneda.

There are charter planes and helicopters available but it would be a really expensive, and probably not very comfortable trip. As for a limo, I'm sure you could rent one but again it would be insanely expensive.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/9 10:47
Looks like the last flight from Narita to Itami leaves at 1830 so that wouldn't be feasible for your trip. The flight from Haneda may be your best option.

Or you could fly directly into Kansai Airport instead of Narita. Often the cost difference is very comparable to the cost of travelling from Narita to Osaka.

Where are you coming from?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/9 10:52
Some options I can think of:

1) Fly into Osaka's Kansai Airport instead of Narita Airport.

2) Stay the night in a hotel near Narita Airport and take the mornign flight from Narita to Osaka (arriving in central Osaka around noon)

3) Stay the first night in a hotel in central Tokyo and take a morning train to Osaka (arriving in central Osaka around 9am)

4) Transfer to Haneda Airport and catch the 22:00 flight to Osaka.

5) Take trains from Narita to Osaka within the day (depart Narita Airport with the 19:43 train, arrive Osaka around midnight)

How to travel between Tokyo and Osaka:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4006.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES 2007/11/10 04:23
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. OUR MAIN PROBLEM IS THAT WE 4 SENIOR WOMEN ARE NOT VERY CAPABLE OF MOVING OUR LUGGAGE FROM NARITA TO HANEDA. ANY IDEAS OF HOW WE CAN GET HELP DOING THIS?
by BEV rate this post as useful

seniors travel advise 2007/11/10 05:42
Japan guide has this info:http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2278.html

Best way is to change your flight route to Kansai airport rather than flying into Tokyo.
Which ever you look at it on your late night travel, your travel to Osaka prolong into late at night traveling the way you mentioned. Many transportations close during late night hours in Japan. Also your luggages may not get there to Osaka on timely manner as you would like.
Bus would be about 5 hours or more from Narita so I don't think you want to take a bus when you have a tour planned next day.
by cc rate this post as useful

Luggage courier 2007/11/10 13:35
Ladies,

I think you should check in your heavy luggage with a luggage delivery service at Narita Airport. Then you can travel with a light bag to Haneda and then onwards to Osaka. The luggage courier will deliver your luggage to your destination in Osaka within a day. So, pack your essentials and a day's worth of clothes in a carry on.

For there Narita Airport Location click here:
http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guide/service/list/svc_05.ht...

For rates, click here:
http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/english/support/size_rates.h...

It looks like from Kanto (Narita and Tokyo is in Kanto) to Kansai (Osaka, Kyoto etc.) is around $18 for each large item.

I have used them before and it really eases the burden of train travel.

Good luck.
by TravelToJapan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread