Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is Toei Uzumasa Eigamura worth visiting? 2007/11/10 17:06
Is Toei Uzumasa Eigamura (also known as Kyoto Studio Park and Toei Movie Land) worth visiting?

I'm thinking of adding it to the list of places to visit. Has anyone been there? My fiancee thinks it looks stupid but I think it looks fun. Any feedback?
by Sean  

depends 2007/11/13 01:45
From our own experience Toei is great if you have kids along or if you're a movie nut, but otherwise would not really be a priority place to visit. You can be made up as a samurai or geiko there, but that's also possible to do in Kyoto itself.
by Tay rate this post as useful

eigamura 2007/11/13 08:34
It's kind of expensive for what it is (I think it was 2000- 3000 yen or so when I went- don't know if that has changed)- just wandering around sets of old houses and perhaps seeing a movie being filmed. It was mildly interesting, but I wouldn't recommend anyone go out of their way to visit unless they had a really strong interest in that kind of movie.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread