Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What should I get for a wedding gift? 2007/11/12 08:19
I have a friend who's Japanese and lives in Tokyo. She has recently told me that she is getting married! I am an American and I do not know what I should send her for a wedding gift. I can't really think of anything I should get her from America. Can anybody help me out with some ideas? I won't be able to ask her what she would like for a gift, so it will be a surprise.

Thanks in advance : ]
by Wedding gift for young Japanese couple  

... 2007/11/12 23:19
It is customary to give money, between 10000-30000+ yen depending on your relationship with the couple. Since you are not Japanese though it would be acceptable to give what you would consider an appropriate American wedding gift.

However, if you are invited to and planning on going to the ceremony/reception then I would definitely give money.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

I still don't know. 2007/11/12 23:57
See, the thing is though.. I don't know what to get her from America! Can anyone please help out with some ideas? I've never given a wedding gift before.

Thanks again.
by Wedding gift for young Japanese couple rate this post as useful

just an idea 2007/11/13 09:31
How about some branded nice cutlery set or tableware from your country?
by help rate this post as useful

reply to this thread