Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suica & NEX package 2007/11/14 22:51
Could anyone please confirm if this package valids only for travel from Narita to either Tokyo or Yokohama ,plus to places within a designated area within the same day.
by liem  

. 2007/11/15 01:16
It is only valid FROM Narita airport into the designated areas. Once you exit (eg leave the train station) the NEX part of the ticket is no longer valid, you can change to other JR trains to get where you need to go in the desingated areas as long as you don't leave the fare gates. After you leave, the nex ticket is taken away, and everything else is done with your suica card.
by John rate this post as useful

Can NEX be used on Tokyo-Narita? 2007/11/15 15:49
Hi, NEX card only can be used for Narita-Tokyo? Can it be used for Tokyo-Narita when i go back to the airport instead?
by lavendermist rate this post as useful

Suica & NEX 2007/11/15 16:07
Lavendermist,

Can it be used for Tokyo-Narita when i go back to the airport instead?

No.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

NEX to Shinjuku/Ikebukuro 2007/11/15 21:54
Hi John, Saw yr post above. I intend to travel from Narita to Ikebukuro. But not every NEX go direct to Ikebukuro. So i intend to take the NEX to Shinjuku, which is more frequent and then change to JR Yamanote line to Ikebukuro. Once I leave the NEX train at Shinjuku, can I make the transfer without going out of the EXIT gate.
by CYC rate this post as useful

. 2007/11/16 03:51
Yes, you when making a transfer to another JR line train at Shinjuku you don't need to leave the gates, just changing platforms.
by John rate this post as useful

Saikyo Line 2007/11/16 08:26
CYC,

In fact you may not even have to change platform. Saikyo Line and Shonan-Shinjuku Line trains direct to Ikebukuro use the same platforms as the Narita Express. The Yamanote Line stops at several stations between Shinjuku and Ikebukuro, and the platforms are on the opposite side of the station to the Narita Express/Saikyo Line.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

......... 2007/11/16 13:08
Dave,
Thank you so much for the really helpful information.
by CYC rate this post as useful

reply to this thread