Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone 2007/11/14 23:31
This Guide mentioned that if leave early from Tokyo to Hakone, one can complete the round trip in Hokone ie. take the 5 different mean of transport and back to Tokyo as a day trip.

Please advise how early is the early. approximately what time will be back to Tokyo.I have 2 kids with me.

Thank
by Joe Koh  

hakone 2007/11/15 11:51
you can take the odakyu super-express train at shinjuku station around 8:30 and arrive at hakone yumoto around 10:00. When you buy the train ticket, please get the hakone free-pass ticket as well so you can make a round trip in hakone using buses, boat, and mountain train with the ticket. Then you leave hakone around 5pm.
by mamiko rate this post as useful

earlier 2007/11/15 12:03
When we went to Hakone in May, there was a romance car that departed Shinjuku at 0730. The catch is that the ticket office opens later than that, so you'd need to get reservations and tickets the day before. If this departure still exists, you'll have plenty of time to do the Hakone round, as well as visit the Hakone Outdoor Museum, which the kids should love. At busy times, ie on weekends, it is advisable to do the round in reverse since the transport modes are less busy in that direction.
by Tay rate this post as useful

Hakone 2007/11/15 18:06
Thank you Mamiko and Tay. I appreciate your feedback.
by Joe Koh rate this post as useful

ichinoyu hakone 2007/11/15 20:07
you're rt cheyenne, sth wrong wtih the email add of ichinoyu. i"ve a booking and also cannot get through to them.
notice ur post was in sept. so did you have any difficulty getting to them in tokyo? which ichnoyu hakone outlet u stayed at?
by vin rate this post as useful

reverse 2007/11/15 22:02
What Tay means by "reverse" is that you should take the bus around the south side first, then the lake cruise, ropeway up to the top, then down the ropeway on the northern side, the funicular, then the train back again.

If you go the other way around on a weekend, you will get stuck on the buses in huge traffic jams after about 4pm in the southern side of the park!!!
by Sandy rate this post as useful

Hakone 2007/11/23 10:02
Hi to Mamiko and Tay once again.

From Tay's feedback, I read and found that I need to pay for Romance Car to Hakone 870Y one way making a total of 5640Y round trip instaed of the normal fare 5000Y.

1.Is my calculation correct?
2.What is the difference between Romance car and the normal car?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Regards
JOE
Singapore
by Joe Koh - Singapore rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/23 10:08
The difference between Romance Car and other trains is 870 yen one way.

If you use the 2-day Hakone Free Pass from Shinjuku and ride the Romance Car both ways, the total cost will be:
5000 Yen + (2 x 870 yen) = 6740 yen
by Uji rate this post as useful

Romance vs. Normal Car 2007/11/23 10:32
We did Hakone trip last week. We rode Romance car going to Hakone and did normal car upon return. The Romance car is much more comfortable with larger cushioned seats. The normal cars have smaller hard vinyl-like seats and trip is 1/2 hour longer- definately not as comfortable.
by Ducky2 rate this post as useful

Hakone 2007/11/25 09:20
Thank Guys for your invaluable feedback

Joe
by Joe Koh rate this post as useful

.. 2007/12/6 15:50
i am going to hakone in 2 weeks time, how much is it for me travel there from tokyo?

i will b in tokyo from 26dec - 4 dec. which day is the best for me to go for the day trip. understand it's the golden week..

will there be the romance car during this period?

lastly, where can i get the hakone free pass?
by jing rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/7 10:00
i am going to hakone in 2 weeks time, how much is it for me travel there from tokyo?

It is described here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5206.html

i will b in tokyo from 26dec - 4 dec.

I assume you mean January 4.

which day is the best for me to go for the day trip. understand it's the golden week..

No. Golden Week is in late April/early may. The busiest days will be from December 29 to January 3. Going before December 29 would probably be easier.

will there be the romance car during this period?

Yes.

lastly, where can i get the hakone free pass?

Any Odakyu railway station, including Shinjuku Station:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_008.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread