Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how to get to Juhyo,at Mt.Zao ,Yamagata? 2007/11/16 01:17
i have plan to go to yamagata next febuary,i looking forward to see Juhyo or snow monster at Mt.Zao,but i don't know how to get there ?i will start from Yamagata station if i have only 1 day ,is it enogh to see Juhyo and go to zao onsen? thank you
by tony  

access to juhyo 2007/11/17 17:39
From JR Yamagata Station: 36 mins by Yamako bus bound for Zao Onsen Terminal, then 10 mins on foot to Zao-ropeway Sanroku Station, then 20 mins by ropeway (transfer at Juhyo-kogen Station) bound for Sancho Station. A round-trip fare for the ropeway is Y2,500.

You can see the juhyo forest below along the ropeway even if you won't ski/walk down the slope.

If you have a whole day, it would certainly be enough.
In Feb, you can see the juhyo lighten up from the evening, but if you won't stay a night at Zao Onsen, it'd be better for you to get a ropeway ticket early in the morning to avoid the crowd.
by mica rate this post as useful

thank you very much 2007/11/18 21:21
thank you very nuch for answer,if i start from yamagata station around 7 or 8 a.m,is there any ropeway to juhyo open?how much time that i should spend there?1 hour is enough for round trip from ropeway?
by tony rate this post as useful

No problem 2007/11/21 01:39
... even if you start from yamagata station at that time as there will be a lot of runs on the ropeway.
One hour may be a bit tight but if you return by the same gondola you used to go, it will be possible.
by mica rate this post as useful

reply to this thread