Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Anyone (not from Japan) study there? 2007/11/19 14:15
Has any foreigner studied in a college in Japan, like as a study abroad thing or as an exchange? And if you did, did you take classes in Japanese?

I want to know how high my Japanese language skills have to be in order to take my classes in Japanese...I know I'll take a placement test once I arrive, but I was just wondering if anyone's done it before?
by Aki  

university 2007/11/19 17:45
It used to be that you needed Level 1 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test but now there is a separate test for people who want to attend university- the exact name of it escaped me right now.

A pretty high level is required, as you might imagine. Friends of mine are studying here at Tokyo University and Waseda University- one has very fluent Japanese so takes her classes in Japanese, the other is not so fluent and is doing an MBA in English.

Have you also looked into Temple University and Sofia University?
by Sira rate this post as useful

.. 2007/12/19 14:07
hello,
i first came to japan when i was 15 as an exchnage student, all i could say was konnichiwa. I attended a high school, and started in grade 2,which was difficult because most students in grade 2 are atleast 17. But only planning to spend a year here, i have actually benn here for 4!
I have only gone home during vacations. So now I am atteneding univeresity here.
by tay rate this post as useful

reply to this thread