Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

8 Day Itinery for Tokyo 2007/11/20 11:56
Hi all

I've tried to do some research into the areas of Tokyo but cannot for the life of me work out a proposed Itinery...

Would someone be so kind to help a brother out? 8 days in Tokyo and would like to cover the following aspects:

* Disneyland
* Sumo Wrestling Match
* Shopping
* Night out at a Club
* Bit of culture / historics
* Mount Fuji Tour
* Fish Markets
* Uniquely Tokyo Experiences

I've already got accommodation organized (in Shinagawa) so all I need is an itinerary.

Many thanks in advance for your help guys / gals!

Stan
by Stan  

Tokyo 2007/11/20 12:55
Please read postings about trips to Tokyo on this forum there must be hundreds of posts if you check previous pages going bac kseveral months. .
the deal on this forum is that people do a preliminary search on their own, both on this site (not just in the forum) to find out what might be interesting for them depending on their tastes. THEN those of us with some experience can give lots of pointers... you also need to give a tentative date (month) for your trip, which would help for things like Sumo, as, like most professional sports,it isn't played 365 days of the year.and for Mt Fuji as it is not open for climbing in winter.
Unique Tokyo experiences? taking the Yamanote loop line at rush hour at Shinjuku station.
going to a Kabuki play.
places to avoid at all cost: Disneyland and the fish market because of all the tourists who obviously have left common sense back home.

by Red Frog rate this post as useful

Thanks... 2007/11/20 14:34
Even though it wasn't the answer I was hoping for... thanks!

Could someone please give me some links to some itineraries then?

The Tokyo Specific itineraries would be great!

Thanks guys
Stan

* PS; travel dates are May 09 - May 24
by Stan rate this post as useful

.. 2007/11/20 17:30
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400.html

link for proposed itineraries.
by alhp rate this post as useful

Sumo dates 2007/11/21 06:00
some dates for Sumo 2008:
May Tournament at the
Kokugikan (Tokyo)
April 5,2008 (Saturday)
April 24,2008 (Thursday)
May 11,2008 (Sunday)
May 25,2008 (Sunday)
it is on Google by the way..
by Red Frog rate this post as useful

Thanks.... but... 2007/11/21 06:44
Thanks guys! Especially Red Frog for those dates...

About those itineraries generated by the forum; they take you all over the Kanto area.

Are there any Tokyo specific itineraries? Stuff that takes you to different city regions of Tokyo.

I will look into day-tours taking you to Mt Fuji :)

Thanks again
Stan
by Stan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread