Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yachiyo Ryokan - What's it Like? 2007/11/21 05:59
I am staying at the Yachiyo Ryokan in Kyoto for 3 nights. I've checked on some hotel review websites and Yachiyo seems to have gotten both really good and really bad reviews. Does anyone know anything about this ryokan?
by Jen  

... 2007/11/21 16:16
My high expectations towards the Yachiyo were bitterly disappointed when I stayed there one year ago. The infrastructure is old in an unpleasant way and the interior design and service made an unsophisticated impression. It reminded me of ryokan at a considerably lower price level. We paid 24,000 Yen per person, but I think that a price of around 15,000 Yen would have been more appropriate in comparison with other ryokan.

On the positive side, the location is pleasant and there seem to exist a considerable difference between the rooms. We had a bad room facing the busy street. Some rooms seem to face a nice garden.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread