Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kochi to Matsumoto ! 2007/11/21 14:51
I wonder if anyone can help- I am trying to get my 25yr old daughter from Kochi to Matusumoto or Nagano or somewhere between the two, where I can pick her up. What would be the easiest way to do this, ie the way with least changes of transport (knowing her she won't be travelling light). Many thanks
by Sue  

... 2007/11/21 16:01
I suggest flying from Kochi to Nagoya and then take the train (via Nagoya Station) or bus (there are some direct buses from the airport) to Matsumoto/Nagano.

Alternatively, fly from Kochi to Tokyo and take the train and bus from there.
by Uji rate this post as useful

......... 2007/11/22 05:49
thanks Uji, the train option from Nagoya airport appears to still involve a bus and 2 train changes so I think the bus is the best option. Sue
by Sue rate this post as useful

......... 2007/11/22 05:54
Sorry forgot to ask, looked on this site and have found bus lines that do the above route but all in Japanese, is there an english site that would have timetables?
by Sue rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/22 09:03
the train option from Nagoya airport appears to still involve a bus and 2 train changes so I think the bus is the best option.

I just realized that the flights from Kochi use Nagoya's old Komachi airport and not the new Central Japan Airport. That means that there is no direct bus to Nagano. You would have to change buses once in central Nagoya. By train, you just have to take the airport bus to Nagoya Station and then take a direct Shinano limited express train to Nagano or Matsumoto.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread