Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2 sakura hotels in ikebukuro? 2007/11/21 15:20
I had some confusion over the 2 hotels.

i booked 'sakura hotel' in asiarooms thinking it is sakura hotel ikebukuro (2-40-7 Ikebukuro Toshima-ku).

however after i booked i came to realise the 'sakura hotel' i booked is previously known as Ikebukuro Hayashi Annex hotel and the address is 2-39-10 Ikebukuro Toshima-ku.

1. Are they now under the same organization?
2. the first hotel i mentioned is 4 mins walk away from the ikebukuro station as stated in their website. but the 2nd hotel is 10 mins walk. are they close to each other in terms of location?

hope someone can clear my doubts! thank you
by Andrea  

... 2007/11/22 09:11
There seem to be three "Sakura Hotels" and one "Sakura Hostel" in Tokyo.

The hotels are located in Ikebukuro, Jimbocho (near Kanda Station) and Hatagaya (near Shinjuku Station). The hostel is located in Asakusa.

See the Sakura Group Links in the left column:
http://www.sakura-hotel-ikebukuro.com/
by Uji rate this post as useful

more confusion 2007/11/22 13:23
yup, i am aware of all the sakura hotels under the organisation. and i thought the one i booked was under this organisation. however, it turned out otherwise when i saw the address is different. i booked thru asiarooms. now i am wondering if the hotel exists at all..

by Andrea rate this post as useful

Re: 2007/11/22 15:06
I stayed in ikebukuro hayashi hotel before in march 2007 when i was in tokyo, and it DOES exist. Super location (5 mins from west exit C6) n nice quiet street. However, it has recently been accquired by the Sakura group of hotels, thus the name change (Sakura ikebukuro hotel). It IS essentially the same hotel with a different name. Hope this clarifies any doubts you may have :)
by Wilfred rate this post as useful

side by side 2007/11/22 15:56
so i can assume they are actually side by side?

by why is it that the hotel hayashi states that its a 10mins walk from the station while sakura states 4 mins?

sorry for asking so much and thanks for clearing my doubts after soooo long!
by andrea rate this post as useful

Re: 2007/11/22 16:05
ikebukuro hayashi hotel does not exist anymore. Instead, it now goes by the name of Sakura ikebukuro hotel. It is the same building (the hotel itself has 2 parts, the main building & an annex, but it's still the same hotel).
The times to ikebukuro station varies because it's abt 5mins to the C6 west exit, but another 5mins or so to the actual station itself (via underpass). So, it's just a matter of perception. Either way, the location is definately convenient.

relief 2007/11/22 16:27
hi there,

i'm glad to hear that and many thanx for the clear explanation!
by Andrea rate this post as useful

Re: 2007/11/22 16:51
You're most welcome! :)

price difference 2007/12/2 09:54
anything i should add is that the price quoted by asianroom is $55/night, while the price from the sakura ikebukoro site is approx $61/night... =)
by steve rate this post as useful

reply to this thread