Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

help planing a 2week trip to japan 2007/11/21 22:28
hi my name is daniel
i am a 20 year old student from melbourne, australia

my best friend and i have booked a 2 week trip to japan in feb next year

we both visited japan before 3 years ago, have basic knowlage of the language and a prefound intrest in japanese culture and daily lifestyles

we have saved up for this trip together by fliping burgers at mc donalds all last summer :P
so we are on a budget and are looking for acomodation at under $30 a night if anyone knows any good hostels

he has left me to plan the itinerary by myself
i would very much like to have it all planed and booked in the next month

could i please ask for some some advice from past travelers as to what are the best citys to visit during the colder months, we arive and depart from osaka so i intend it to be a round trip

ok also a few questions.
we are very interested in spending a few days living with a japanese family as we did last time we came to japan but this time it is up to me to organize it, i have little idea of how to go about doing this, any ideas would be apreciated
now as for a Jrail pass, are these good value for money

thankyou for your time,
Daniel
by Daniel  

. 2007/11/23 05:20
Hi, Daniel! Here are some ideas. At Tokyo,
Tokyo Backpackers. 2100yen p.p. dormitory. tel/fax OO 81 3 3871 2789 Pls note the quarter is not ideal.
At Osaka, Hotel Taiyo. Japanese style twin 3000yen or USD 27. Pls note the quarter is not ideal. www.hotel-taiyo.com
At Kyoto, Higashiyama Youth Hostel 3960yen visiter 3360yen member. fax OO 81 75 761 8138 curfew 10.30 P.M.
Or Kyoto White Hotel. Japanese style twin 7800 yen for 2pax fax 00 81 75 351 1226.
As for JR PASS, yes it is a good burgain, but pls note there are lots of private railways, metros and buses.
So depends on your itinerary. Ideal for Shinkansen, but not good for Nozomi trains, which are the most rapid trains of Shinkansen.
How about a day trip to Ninja Musium from Osaka Tsuruhashi stn to Uenoshi stn by KINTETSU railways.
Entrance 700yen PP TEL 00 81 595 23 0311, with Ninjya show 200yen sat.sun.nat.holiday only Tel 00 81 595 23 0311, with short Ninjya training after show 200yen. Do not forget to visit Japanese beer breweries.
by TOSHI rate this post as useful

. 2007/11/23 11:11
o wow that was extreamly helpfull

and am infact very interested in ninjitsu
so i will definatly put that on my schedual

thank you so much i would have never even thought to goto such a place and reputable hostels are so hard to distinguish by their sites ^_^
by Daniel rate this post as useful

reply to this thread