Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

AK ,please help me translate this 2007/11/23 07:18
Hi all,please could someone translate this for me.I want to be sure it is correct.
''we are able to tell each other what is really on our minds''
''I really appreciate your patience (with me).''
''Even though it is sometimes difficult for me to correctly say what I want to,I try hard to for you.''

thank you so much to anyone who can help!
by cindi  

. 2007/11/23 15:47
Very rough trans.
1. Watashitachi wa kangaeteiru koto o otagaini tsutaerukotoga dekimasu.
2. gaman shitekurete gomenne.
3. tokiniwa kichinto shitaikotoga ienaikeredo kiminotameni doryokusurune.
(doryokusuruyo IF MAN )
by TOSHI rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/27 17:22
Somebody please translate AK style.
Previous poster's translation is not good.
by cc rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/27 19:29
The following is all in polite speech.

1. Watashitachi wa, jibun ga kangaeteiru koto wo o-tagai ni kichinto tsutaeru koto ga dekite iru to omoimasu. (I believe that we are able to convey to each other what we are thinking.)

2. Watashi ni nintai duyoku tsukiatte kurete arigatou gozaimasu. (Thank you for keeping up with me patiently).

3. Toki ni wa iitai koto wo tadashiku hyougen suru no ga taihen da keredo, anata no tame ni doryoku shite imasu. (At times it is difficult to express correctly what I want to say, I am making efforts for you.)
by AK rate this post as useful

thank you 2007/11/27 19:38
thank you AK!
I really appreciate it:)
by original poster rate this post as useful

Hishashiburi! 2007/12/4 04:26
Hello AK!

Glenn here. Long time no speak. I'm feeling a lot better nowadays and will be going on a few dates. May I ask for your help with the following phrases?
Thanks!

"I am picky" (regarding girls)

"There are lots of beautiful women here"

"But what's really important to me is the energy, the intelligence, the little things that make her unique"

"Most importantly, someone with a big heart"

"What are your three best qualities?"

"I like meeting interesting people"

"I don't like boring people who do the same boring stuff over and over again."

"I want to buy a special gift for her"

Thanks again!!!!!!!
by Glenn rate this post as useful

F.Y.I. 2007/12/4 14:36
Hi AK,

Just in case you were curious, the reason I am asking for these translations is because I don't want my new date to think I am needy which I think is what my ex thought I might be.

Thanks!
by Glenn rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/8 13:59
Hello again. I've rephrased some things, so please read the English too to see if these are what you want to say.

I am picky" (regarding girls) (I'm rephrasing it because "picky" sounds like you are going to be nit-picking about what your new date does/how she is.)
Watashi wa josei ni tsuite hakkiri shita konomi wo motte imasu. (I have clear preferences for girls.)

"There are lots of beautiful women here"
Koko ni wa kirei na josei ga takusan imasu.

"But what's really important to me is the energy, the intelligence, the little things that make her unique" (I've rephrased the last one to "personality".)
Demo, watashi ni totte hontou ni taisetsu na no wa, sono hito no enerugii ya chisei, soshite sono hito no kosei desu.

"Most importantly, someone with a big heart" (I'm giving a direct translation, but I wonder what you mean by this... normally in Japanese this "big heart" is associated with being tolerant, generous, etc., a quality that *tends* to be sought highly in men, not in women.)
Soshite ichiban taisetsu nano wa, kokoro ga hiroi to iu koto desu.

"What are your three best qualities?" ("If you were asked to list three of your good qualities/strength, what would you answer?)
Jibun no chousho wo mittsu agete to iwaretara, nanto kotaemasu ka?

"I like meeting interesting people"
Omoshiroi hitotachi to deau no ga suki desu.

"I don't like boring people who only do the same boring stuff over and over again."
Onaji koto wo kurikaeshite iru dake no taikutsu na hito wa suki dewa arimasen.

"I want to buy/give a special gift for her" (You do mean "for her"? or "for you"? The following says "for her.")
Kanojo ni tokubetsu na purezento wo shitai no desu.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread