Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

first time in tokyo 2007/11/24 16:23
I am planning a 3-4 week trip to Japan in May. We will be staying in Osaka, but plan on a side trip to Tokyo for a few days. I have been to Osaka several times, but this will be my first Tokyo trip.

what area is the best hotel spot for a short trip? and are there any must-see things? I think the only thing on our list at the moment is Akihabara.
by robyn  

... 2007/11/25 08:18
In that case, I recommend the Akihabara Washington Hotel:
http://www.wh-rsv.com/english/akihabara/index.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Uji... 2007/11/25 13:33
Why do you recommend this hotel? I looked at their site... it seems nice, the rates seem to be about 14,000 a night. Is that normal for Akihabara?
by Robyn rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/25 17:52
If Akihabara is the only place on your list, I assumed that it is best to stay in Akihabara, and the Washington Hotel is one of only very few hotels in Akihabara.

Then again, I now noticed that you are probably going to add more destinations to your list. If you do so, you might want to disregard my advice.
by Uji rate this post as useful

There are many must see things in Tokyo 2007/11/25 22:25
I was visited by a friend for a week and we traveled around Tokyo. There are many 'must see' things. I'd recommend Ueno Park. There's a nice zoo, and many museums there. They have a panda! I had never seen a panda before. The Tokyo National Museum is there also, and I thought that was excellent.

I also took a river ferry from Shiodome to Asakusa (Sumida River Line). You can also get up really early, before dawn, and go to the Tsukiji fish market to watch the tuna auction and have sushi for breakfast.

Finally, I'd also recommend Meiji shrine.

by Bob rate this post as useful

Another item for the list 2007/11/26 06:48
I would recommend visiting the Garden at the New Otani Hotel in Akasaka.
by Steve Lozowski rate this post as useful

reply to this thread