Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What is there to do in Akechi? 2007/11/27 14:32
I have to go to Akechi for work and wonder where to stay and what to do there. I would like to stay in ryokan and visit a hot springs if available.
by Tom Rush  

nice place 2007/11/27 16:21
What a nice place you are visiting. Akechi is in Gufu prefecture with a lot of mountains and hot spring resorts.
The town stays quiet in a traditional Japanese atmosphere, so just being there can make a nice experience for you.
by mamiko rate this post as useful

Akechi 2007/11/27 18:46
I made a quick driving trip through Akechi a few years ago - didn't stop. It is a very picturesque location, with a charming old train station which services its own local train.
I have heard there is a kind of ryokan-cottage type accomodation but I couldn't find anything on the internet.
Will you have a car there? There are many attractions in Gifu prefecture, including the post towns of Magome and Tsumago, the pottery town of Seto (although I believe Seto is in Aichi, it's very close), the castle of Inuyama, and further afield the post town of Narai or the little town of Gujo-Hachiman.
You will be very near Nagoya if you're looking for the big city.
How long will you be there, and how will you be getting around?
Oh, though there are smaller onsen towns closer, the Hot Spring town of Gero has a variety of ryokans and hot springs and it is not terribly far away from Akechi.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

How do I find the ryokans near Akechi? 2007/11/28 00:40
What are the names of the ryokans or hotels close to Akechi? Is there a good guidebook for this area? I will be on public transportation.
by Tom Rush rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/28 10:47
I found 1 ryokan with onsen but it's still 30 min (by car) away from Akechi area. If you don't mind using a cab from/to Akechi, you may consider this ryokan.

Shikanoyu
10 min (by car) from Ena station
12600 yen`/per person night (with dinner and breakfast)
TEL. 0573-27-3603
FAX. 0573-27-3644
(no email address on the net)
http://www.nande.com/shikanoyu/index.htm
by JLady rate this post as useful

reply to this thread