Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo accommodation options. 2007/11/27 23:24
I have narrowed down our accommodation options to the Oakford apartment in Roppongi. I just don't know which one would be most convenient for a family of 4 to stay in..as far as convenience of location. Oakford Roppongi central is near Roppongi station and Oakford T-Cube is on at Roppongi Itchome station.
Would appreciate any comment or opinions as to best location.
thanks
by scarlet  

Oakwood? 2007/11/28 10:26
I'm not familiar with Oakford... did you mean Oakwood?
by Nika rate this post as useful

Oakwood Roppongi 2007/11/28 14:27
Sorry...yes I did mean the Oakwood apartments. Thanks
by scarlet rate this post as useful

Ok 2007/11/28 19:58
I've stayed at the Oakwood Roppongi, which I absolutely loved. It's really close to the station (for future reference the exit 5 is the closest to the hotel). the roppongi station is a junction with both the hibiya and Oedo subway lines. the Roppongi Itchome is on a different line, I have not had experiences with it.

I will say that the staff and accomdations at Oakwood were excellent. It's just a short walk from Roppongi dori so it's nice and quiet and there's some good little restuarnts very close. there's a ramen shop across the street, a couple convience stores off of roppongi dori, and a couple of breakfast places too. The problems that you may run into is the night life, roppongi has a lot of clubs, and the guys advertising them can be quite annoying. I was on my honeymoon, and my husband and I would go to a convenience store in the evening and they'd be trying to get him to go in to the clubs.... while I was walking RIGHT next to him! we were there for 2 weeks and they did this everyday....Regardless, that's only on Roppongi dori.

I took a look at some maps, and it seems that the Roppongi T-cube is closer to the subway station, but the station is more limited on destinations, which will mean more transfers to get where you want to go. From the one i stayed at,to walk to the station was less than 5 minutes.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Oakwood Roppongi Central 2007/11/28 20:00
Sorry, i should have noted that i stayed at Oakwood Roppongi Central.

thanks 2007/11/29 08:00
Thanks for your response Nika. Did you stay in a studio or a one bedroom. Do you think a one bedroom would be big enough for al 5 of us to fit into. The girls are only small...thanks
by scarlet rate this post as useful

Studio 2007/11/29 10:17
We stayed in the ''studio king'' http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll/qscr=dspv/htid=909898/c... has a virtual tour thing. It was perfect size for my husband and me. it was like a very large studio aptartment. oooh! better yet, i'll show you my personal pics of it. :) http://flickr.com/photos/9362350@N05/638462201/in/set-721576...

The last couple of pictures are of right outside the apts (#8) and then at roppongi hills shopping area (#9-#11).

The bed in that room was a nice big comfy king, and there was plenty of storage for everything. the toilet room is outside the door in photo #7. the front door and entry are there as well. the washer/dryer is next to the sink by the bathing room.

Would the girls be sleeping on couches or are other beds being brought in (i'm not sure if they offer that)? I didn't get to see the one bedrooms apart from photos at the first link i provided.

Hope that helps. :)

reply to this thread