Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How would my name be in japanese? 2007/11/28 09:57
ok i have the most weiredest name on the planet and i wanna know what would be the CLOSEST Japanese equivalent (and i use the term closet very loosely so anything thats even miles close to my name feel free to tell me) thanks. Here is my name
First name:
ASJAD
Last name:
Raza
thanks in advance for your help and I KNOW that i have a weird name lol
by Ace  

Name in Japanese 2007/11/28 10:18
Ace,

It's difficult to say without knowing how you pronounce your name, but based on how another "Asjad" is translitered on the web, I would sugggest the following.

アスジャド (Asujado)
ラザ (Raza)
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

meaning 2007/11/28 10:39
All Japanese names have special meanings with kanji characters(sometimes just hiragana), so unless you tell us the meaning of your name, we cannot figure it out what kind of Japanese letters can be used for your name. Or do you just want to use kanji characters or katakana to pronounce it?
by mamiko rate this post as useful

ok 2007/11/28 12:20
my name means "to pray/worship" a lot
by Ace rate this post as useful

one word? 2007/11/28 15:37
If using one letter, then how about 崇? It is called takashi and some boys have this name as thier first name.
by mamiko rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/28 18:19
There are two possible things you can do to make "Japanese version" of your non-Japanese name.

(1) Keep the sound of your name (This is what Dave in Saitama has done for you.):
- Take the pronunciation of your name in your own language, and simply write it in "katakana," that is, phonetic letters in Japanese used for non-Japanese names, as it is pronounced in your own language.
- Furthermore, if you wanted to, you *could* find a string of kanji that has same (or similar) sound to each of the syllables in your name, and with the help of someone who is familiar with the language, find a combination of kanji that you like (or have pleasant meaning). But there is no "one correct way" to write your name in kanji, as there are many kanji with the same sound. So your choice will be arbitrary.

(2) Keep the meaning of your name (This is what Mamiko is trying out for you.):
Take the meaning of your name in your language, find a Japanese word that has the same/similar meaning, and use the kanji that has that meaning. There can be more than one words that have same/similar meaning to your name, so you have to choose also. Note that the sound of the name chosen will be completely different from your name in your language.
by AK rate this post as useful

asjad 2007/12/29 12:11
First name:
ASJAD アズジャッド
Last name:
Raza ラザ 
 or ラーザ 
or ラザー

In J order:
ラーザ アズジャッド
by d rate this post as useful

Japanese Name 2008/1/3 10:47