Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

maid cafe in Shinjuku? 2007/11/28 11:09
As this would be more practical for me and a few friends than going to Akihabara, I'd like to know if there are also maid cafes in Shinjuku? Some of the surrounding areas up to Ikebukuro and down to Shibuya would probably also be ok.

I tried to google it, but... well... nihongo ha taihen desu ne. ^^
by Haf  

duno 2007/11/28 12:36
duno about that, but when I was there about 3 weeks ago, the street directly opposite kabukicho had a lot of girls dressed in maid costumes with cat ears handing out flyers. If it's not a maid cafe it's probably something sleazy. You could just ask them.
by Saus rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/28 18:33
I believe maid cafes are particular to Akihabara; not that there can't be one anywhere else, but that's where it's easiest to find one. Also, it's no big deal traveling between Akihabara and Shinjuku :) 20 minutes by regular JR Sobu line.
by ... rate this post as useful

What is a "Maid cafe" anyway??? 2007/11/28 20:48
I live in Japan but must not be hip enough to know, please fill me in.

Thank you.
by Chris rate this post as useful

Maid cafes 2007/11/28 21:09
Chris,

All you ever wanted to know and more...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosplay_restaurant
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

. 2007/11/29 08:42
Thanks for the info!

Yes, I realize it's not that much of a distance, but some of my friends are from surrounding cities and we wanetd to do a bunch of other things in the Shinjuku area.
So after spending more than an hour on trains already, they are not so fond of hopping on another train for 20 minutes just for a coffee, even if it's in a special setting. :)

Guess I'll keep my eyes open next time I'm in Shinjuku, otherwise I'll have to drag them along somehow. ^^
by Haf rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/29 09:05
There seems to be a smaller concentration of maid cafe in Nakano. (I checked out a listing, and they list 65 in Akihabara, and 50 for the rest of Tokyo!)

Beware of the ones in Shinjuku, at least some of them seem to be a combined maid cafe/bar.
by AK rate this post as useful

list 2007/11/29 12:28
Is there a listing in ENglish anywhere? I was wondering how often maid cafes come and go, and how accurate any listing would be. Which are the ones which have been around a long time?
by Saus rate this post as useful

reply to this thread