Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How long does a ticket remain valid 2007/11/28 18:27
If I were to buy a one way ticket in the morning, would the ticket still be valid in the evening of the same day.

For example:
Let's say I buy a yamanote line ticket from shinjuku to shibuya at 6 am, can it still be used at 10pm of the same day? If not, how long does it take for the ticket to expire? Note that this question is in regards to all JR lines.

Thank you very much
by Jon  

... 2007/11/29 10:25
Let's say I buy a yamanote line ticket from shinjuku to shibuya at 6 am, can it still be used at 10pm of the same day?
Do you mean you buy a ticket at 6am but not use until 10pm? Then, it's still valid.
by JLady rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/29 10:39
Note that if you are purchasing a ticket from a regular machine at a station then that ticket is only good for entering at that station.

You can, however, specify which station you want to enter and exit at and get the proper ticket if you purchase from special machines or the station agent.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/29 11:00
Let's say I buy a yamanote line ticket from shinjuku to shibuya at 6 am, can it still be used at 10pm of the same day?

Yes. Tickets are valid for at least one calendar day. Unless you specify otherwise, it is valid on the day you purchase it. If the ticket covers a distance of between 100 and 200 km, it is valid for two days, 200-400 km for 3 days and an additional day for every additional 200km traveled.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you very much 2007/11/29 23:43
Thanks for the quick answers everyone
by Jon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread