Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

hair cuts in Japan? 2007/11/29 06:11
I have heard in the past that a trip to a Japanese hair salon can be an adventure. I am thinking of growing my hair long for my wedding, but I hate it when my hair is past my shoulders. Since I will be leaving for Japan the morning after my wedding it means I would have to have my hair cut in Japan or just suffer through having long hair for a month longer.

So... how hard is it to get your hair cut in Japan? And is it expensive? I am the sort that normally just goes to a budget hair cut place because I don't care about hair.
by Robyn  

. 2007/11/29 14:25
I went to Japan in August & got a good haircut even though the stylist was a little nervous having to speak english [good think my friend was there to translate if needed] and cutting a totally different hair type than japanese hair ...

You'll be fine esp if you're not picky.
by Kate rate this post as useful

QB House 2007/11/29 14:35
Robyn,

If you just want a cheap haircut with no shampoo or extras, then try the QB House chain which is all over the Kanto area. A 10-minute unisex cut costs 1,000 yen. It would probably help if you had a few key Japanese phrases prepared in advance, but as the staff are always young, they will probably understand English enough for you to communicate your basic requirements.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

the best haircut ever! 2007/11/29 15:10
I got my haircut at the Shiseido Salon in Tokyo. I loved the haircut. I went back 2 years later during my Japan trip #2 and the girl was not working there anymore but by far, the best haircut ever!
by the best haircut ever! rate this post as useful

reply to this thread