Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

8 days itinerary. Any suggestions? 2007/11/29 11:59
Hi,

I will arrive at Kansai International Airport on 23 Feb 08 at 8pm and will be flying out on 1 March 08 from KIX at 9:20pm.

Below is my itinerary. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

23 Feb day 1 - stay at Osaka and walk around at night
24 Feb day 2 - start 7 day JR pass - Tokyo
25 Feb day 3 - Tokyo
26 Feb day 4 - Hakone round trip then return to Tokyo at night
27 Feb day 5 - Hiroshima/Miyajima - stay at Miyajima or back in Kyoto?
28 Feb day 6 - Kyoto
29 Feb day 7 - Kyoto
1 Mar day 8 - himeji - maybe a bit of Nara then to KIX to catch flight at 9;20pm

Questions:
I have no interest in onsens. I included hakone round trip because I want to go somewhere where I can have a good view of fuji. Since I don't want to climb it, it rules out going to the 5th station. Is hakone the best place to see fuji?

Many thanks

by Gee  

8 day plan 2007/11/29 13:26
23 Feb day 1 - stay at Osaka and walk around at night
24 Feb day 2 - start 7 day JR pass - Tokyo
25 Feb day 3 - Tokyo
26 Feb day 4 - Hakone round trip then return to Tokyo at night
27 Feb day 5 - Hiroshima/Miyajima - stay at Miyajima or back in Kyoto?
28 Feb day 6 - Kyoto
29 Feb day 7 - Kyoto
1 Mar day 8 - himeji - maybe a bit of Nara then to KIX to catch flight at 9;20pm

my concern is with day 1, i don't feel you've given yoyrself enough time to get from kansai airport to osaka, it takes approx 1 hour, plus it can take 60 mins to clear customs & immigration, which could see you arriving in Osaka as late as 10-11pm, not allowing for Jetlag, i would suggest you spend the first night near the airport, then activate your JR Pass on day 2 (at the JR office at the Airport) and travel to Tokyo that day, (approx 4 hours).
by Philip rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/29 14:29
How is that different than their intended itinerary? Looks the same to me.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

view of Mt. Fuji 2007/11/29 16:59
For the view of Mt. Fuji, I think Kawaguchiko/Fuji Five Lakes area is better. Closer to the mountain and very pretty lakes.
Oshino Hakkei also is a small town that is famous for its view of Mt. Fuji and its springs.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

reply to this thread