Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nikon DLSR D3? 2007/11/30 10:15
Hello, I've searched but most sites are in Japanese.
I will be visiting Tokyo soon and would like to buy a camera with an English manual. I'm interested in the
''Nikon DSLR D3''
Do you know of a specific shop I should visit? Directions or an English web-site would be great.
Also, if you own a D3, can you tell me your ''pros & cons'' about it.
Thanks Much!
by lars  

Walk 2007/12/1 08:30
Just go check around Akihabara. You will find enough shops selling them.
by photodude rate this post as useful

As for manual 2007/12/1 18:05
Check if you can download the English manual from the Nikon webpages; if you can than you have one worry less if you find a cheaper one without the English manual. You can always ask the people in the store to change the language of the camera itself to English.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

anyone know? 2007/12/11 19:08
Hello all, I hope someone can answer a few questions about buying a camera in Japan for me.
1. Can I get U.S. electrical connections (for the camera, batteries and charger)?

2. If it is purchased in Japan is the warranty good in the U.S.?

I really appreciate any help,
Thanks

To Lars, The D-3 looks really nice, a bit to much for me right now "$5,000." I can't even find them here in the u.s. yet.
by Norman rate this post as useful

US same 2007/12/11 21:50
1. Can I get U.S. electrical connections (for the camera, batteries and charger)?
US and Japan share the same 2 pin/prong plug connection and also voltage. No problem there.

2. If it is purchased in Japan is the warranty good in the U.S.?
Only if there's International Warranty, for more info check with the shop.
by huds_n rate this post as useful

110V or 100V? 2007/12/12 13:31
US and Japan share the same 2 pin/prong plug connection and also voltage. No problem there.
i think i read somewhere that Japan is 100volt, no?
by frog rate this post as useful

100 V 2007/12/12 13:42
Frog,

i think i read somewhere that Japan is 100volt, no?

Yes. Details here...
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2225.html
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/12 16:05
100v/110v won't make a difference for the battery charger. The only thing you may notice is differing charge times between the two.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

charge 2007/12/12 22:29
The charge time for a battery on 100V will be no different because the charger will be an electronic switch-mode charge.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread