Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

legal advice 2007/11/30 12:20
can anyone tell me where i stand with my ex-landlord...??
I was made to feel so unwelcome and treated really badly by my landlord and his mum ( they would turn off the heating in front of me ,open windows and doors when it is 0C outside,turn off the water in front of me when i was washing up plates,cups etc..even told me to go to bed like i was a little boy!!)..yet the japanese guests would geet much better treatement than me..my guest would come after work and i would cook them a meal and we would go to my room and talk ..as they never slept over..as the owner said it was ok for them my guest to come see me anytime..the final straw came when his old mother yet again turned off the heating in front of me and my guest one morning and i had huge arguement with them and he told my guest if she wanted to come see me she would have to pay the rent of one room !!...at that my guest left in tears as she had never been spoken to so rudely before..i was sooooo offended if at the time i knew what he said i would have punched him in the face..
now i heard he has my friends address which is a shock to me as he didnt know her name..he has my photo and my home address and passport no. i think...but i have refused to pay him for the last week i was there as i was paying him on a weekly basis...after the rude and inconsiderate treatment i had at this god awful hostel i will not pay until he apologises to me and my guest...

so what are my legal standings in all this ??....
does anyone know?

my holiday insurance has just ran out and i am a little worried about seeking legal advice as i cant afford it...
by my2cats  

... 2007/11/30 15:53
Legal counseling is offered for free by the Japan Bar Association:
http://www.nichibenren.or.jp/en/legal/counceling.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

made me so angry 2007/11/30 16:35
Hi

I am so sorry that this kind of situation happend to you,my2cats. It made me so angry after reading what happend to you and your guests. Your ex-landloard is an ignorant prejudice and unforgivable being,however,if you take this issue to court,you will end up paying lots of money for lawyer's fee. So,if you are prepared to do all this hustling thingy,then as Uji-san recomended,you should ask for leagal advice.

If you can talk with your ex-landloard to come up with some kind of reconciliation then it would be much better of course. I hope everything will turn out all right with you.
by hodad rate this post as useful

a question 2007/11/30 16:46
Btw,do you mind me asking why your ex-landloard started acting like this insanely? If he did those awful thing without any reason and he was just picking on you,then he is a total madman.

Did you have some sort of conflict between you and him before hand?

nothing before 2007/12/2 15:29
no hodad there was NO conflict of anysort before this happend..it just built up over the month i satyed there...1st thing was the door lock ..i told hime about it and i ended up showing him how to fix it...then i asked to move to a warmer tatami room but he gave me BS answer about someone moving in at weeknd..but they didnt!!...i asked if i paid for amonth and i left before then would i get refund on length of saty?..he said no..thats when i told him i would pay weekly.he didnt like that much...but telling me to go to bed..keeping the dining room sooo cold you couldnt sit in it...and his ignorant ,rude obnoxious mother turning the heating off and telling me to use the laundramat around the corner was just too much..when i asked him to use the washing machine he said ok ..i paid him for it ..but when i told him about the old woman telling me to go do my laundry elsewhere he just laughed and i said that it was rude...

if people want the name of this place i will tell all of you ....

i have no intention of going to see him as i will simly just punch him in the face a..i amstill then angry and insulted and offended...
by my2cats rate this post as useful

okies 2007/12/2 19:00
Hi my2cats,
This is my very personal opinion on your issue and I want you to know that I know exactly how you feel about these kind of people.
Hitting on the face of wanker like him won't solve any problems. I know that you're so p-oed at him for what he has done to you,whomever if you injure him in anyways you will be arrested for and you won't be able to visit Japan againf for long long time.

I understand that you had to go through BS but your best choice will be to just forget the whole nightmare and move on. Now that you know that the entire Japanese aren't nice and warm hearted and some will be jerks such as your ex-landlord.

I wouldn't post the name of the place on this website,if I was you. That is just not right thing to do.

For about not paying of the last week rent money,I can't really tell you what to do and what will be the smartest move. So,for that you should call the place which Uji-san posted above and ask for advise. I think calling for an advise is free of charge.

thanks 2007/12/2 23:57
thanks for understanding hodad...i have stayed in many hostels all over europe,canada,australia,britain..and never ever been treated like a second class citizen and so rudely....even my japanese freinds are shocked when my girlfreind tells them about how they treated her when she came to visit and i would cook her a meal....

omg(((p(>v<)q)))!! 2007/12/3 00:44
Dang it,what kind of hostel is this. Sounds to me like your ex-landlord is not used to having international guests to their place. Is this MINSHUKU B&B hostel with shared kitchen and bath?

kind of 2007/12/3 00:49
hodad i had my own private room with just enough room for bed tv and heater...everything else was shared in my half of building which was a garage before jokingly turned into a dining room with kitchen and shower room..the other half of the hostel had dorm rooms and another dining room and kitchen...i was the only gaijin there but he has had other gaijin there too in the past i met them both and they were really suprised at how he treated me
so i am just really confused about all of this..and still really angry..would like to get my money back

i understand but... 2007/12/3 17:35
my2cats,do you live in Kanto area(Tokyo,Kanagawa,Chiba or Saitama) or other area? or did you already leave Japan? If you are in Japan then find leagal advise place and tell your issue to adviser.
Hoterasu is mainly cover Tokyo and kanto area(sorry if I'm wrong)

I used Hoterasu advisery once before when I had traffic accident. The charge was not so expensive but still cost and outcome of compensation was not so much and ended up paying to adviser and left me with zero yen in my pocket.
So I spent 30hours of my time for nothing.

So,my point is that if you want some money back but if you do not want to see his face again then you need someone else to represent for you and that is gonna cost. If you paid 10000yen for rent and advisery fee is 20000yen then you'll be ended up with paying 10000yen extra more.

So is it really worth?

Okay,so he is an AH and stereotyped ignorant racist. Do you want to waist your precious time and money over this kind of scum?

reply to this thread