Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

japans acceptance of lesbian culture. 2007/12/1 10:06
Hi!
I will be visiting Japan soon and I was curious as to where some good bars/clubs/areas for a lady like me to go hang out and meet others like me in the tokyo area. I wasn't sure if it was a widely accepted as the gay male culture because of jrock bands, manga, etc.
Thanks!
by littlexlamb  

... 2007/12/1 12:35
From a quick internet search, I noticed that lesbian bars are also located in Shinjuku 2-chome where the male gay bars are, as far as Tokyo is concerned.

The following site offers lists of lesbian bars in Japanese language, but you can see their phone numbers that start with the area code "03-" and their website addresses. The blue letters at the top right is, from the left, Hokkaido, Tokyo, Yokohama, Nagoya, Osaka, Nara, Kyoto, Okayama, Fukuoka, Kumamoto, Okinawa
http://bian.nabeshirt.com/bar/tokyo.htm

Btw, J-rock and manga has very little to do with genuine gays. Those feminine-looking musicians all love female fans. As it is in many countries, it's the fashion industry that has a lot of male gays involved.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread