Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

directions:toyoko-inn shinjuku kabukicho 2007/12/1 18:03
hi there,

myself and a friend are booked to stay at the toyoko-inn shinjuku kabuki-cho next week. i've heard its pretty difficult to find, anyone got some helpful directions for us?

we'll most likely going from shinjuku station, if its easier to find from a subway or other train station let me know as well!

thanks very much :)
by katie ja  

... 2007/12/2 10:20
Get out on the Kabukicho side of JR Shinjuku Station. Walk the Seibu-Shinjuku Station. Walk along Seibu-SHinjuku Station until you hit a busy road, turn right and walk a little more until you see the hotel to your right:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3011.html

It is closer to Higashi-Shinjuku Station on the Oedo Subway Line.
by Uji rate this post as useful

If you are women... 2007/12/2 10:34
You can walk to the hotel from Shinjuku station as suggested in the previous post but it is quite a bit of walk (15-20 min). Also this hotel is located in the so-called "love hotel" district. The area itself is safe but if you arrive in Shinjuku at night or feel not-comfortable or intimidating to walk in such an area (especially if you are women), I recommend taking a cab from the station.

Or take subway Oedo line to Higashi-Shinjuku station and walk to the hotel. Then, you don't have to walk a lot in the love hotel district. Find "West Exit" of JR Shinjuku station, turn right, pass Metro Shinjuku station of Marunouchi line and walk until you hit the downward (long) escalator. You'll reach subway Oedo line "Shinjuku Nishiguchi" station. (Note : there're 2 stations of subway Oedo line in Shinjuku. Find "Shinjuku Nishiguchi" station not "Shinjuku station") Then take "Iidabashi-bound" train and get off at Higashi Shinjuku (170 yen). Get out of "A1" exit, turn left and walk until you hit "Kuyakusyo-dori street" and turn left. Hotel is on your right-hand side.
by JLady rate this post as useful

directions 2007/12/2 12:49
the info on the hotel site is easy to understand when one is looking at the map (also from the hotel site).

by Red Frog rate this post as useful

thanks 2007/12/3 16:48
thanks guys, i ended up being cut off from the net and didnt get your directions anyway!

took us a while, but we got here, but i'll use your help to find a quicker way back!!!

the map and directions on the toyoko inn site are rubbish.
by katie ja rate this post as useful

reply to this thread