Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

working as a mechanic/motor trade 2007/12/1 22:56
hi all, i am training to become a mechanic in the uk, but once i have all my qualification i would like to work in japan. i am having difficulty finding any information on this subject. and although i have friends of friends who have managed to do what i hope to do, they only have very limited advice. is ther anybody on the forum who is a mechanic in japan who can help?

any kind of imformation you could offer me would be very helpful

thanks
-matt
by matt w  

working 2007/12/2 10:25

how fluent is your Japanese? this is a must. Another thing would be to contact the Japanese embassy about their various types of visa. You could also inquire at a Japanese car factory in the UK or Europe.
finally how familiar are you with the modern Japanese culture? my British friends found very hard to get used to North America(our adoptive home)and its culture and Japan might be a big shock to you (as a European I find lots of similarities between Europe and Japan but not everybody can see pass the obvious differences) especially if you didn't had the chance yet to spent a couple of months at a time in other countries.
by sensei 2 rate this post as useful

mechanic japan 2007/12/3 00:05
ive only just started to learn basic japanese at the minute and am waiting to start on a class at the local college. i also hope to visit japan next year for a few weeks to see what lie is like over ther. and hopefuly visit to companies over ther who might be able to take me on one ive qualified

thanks for the reply
-matt
by matt w rate this post as useful

reply to this thread