Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 3: Posts 1 - 20 of 53

1 2 3
next

Music speaking... Gackt is...? 2004/3/18 14:30
I hear he's VERY popular, but I can't say I've really heard alot about him. I've heard some of his music, and I also heard about his radio show... But, how popular is he? Oh, and what is his radio show about?
by Arisa  

Gackt on the radio.... 2004/6/16 07:17
I know his radio show is on once a week for a 1/2 hour. You can listen to it on the Muse website located at www.gackt.us

My friend in Tokyo said that he is really popular but seeing as how I am American I can't really say for sure myself how huge he is. I think he's extremely talented though and he is my favorite JRock artist.
by Dawn rate this post as useful

Gackt?... 2004/6/23 06:00
Well, seeing as Gackt was formerly with malice mizer as their vocalist and as he made a movie with Laruku's Hyde, all I can say is...his larger than life.

by Sorceress Lixing rate this post as useful

..... 2004/7/12 13:20
He is extremely popular in America as I have noticed but many japanese have moved on to newer singers and many Americans only know about the older ones
by Chery rate this post as useful

Gackt and Hyde 2004/7/12 22:26
Gackt and Hyde I heard are pretty close. Gackt is a director of a movie called MoonChild which stared L'arc~en~Ciel's vocalist Hyde. I must admit, the only reason why I got that movie was to see Hyde, but as I started to watch it the movie in the end it ended up being the greatest movie I have ever seen and there will be no movie better.
by Connie rate this post as useful

Gackt and Hyde 2004/9/22 13:21
Gackt is very popular among fangirls, to say the least, and his voice is incredible. I'm in Japan for a few months and you won't find many girls who don't immediately say KAKOII when you ask about him.
by Arishade rate this post as useful

extremely popular 2004/9/22 17:40
watch the sixth day & seventh
night live in concert tour
wrapup.4th july 2004-(his
birthday)-truly great concert.some really cute extra features.
gackt is featured in numerous commercials,talk shows, etc.
by gakuto rate this post as useful

to clarify last post 2004/9/22 17:51
last post i mentioned gackt frequently appearing on tv (such as utaban show),etc.
this is not included in his concert video.my phrasing may
have led some of you to this conclusion.
gomen nasai
by gakuto rate this post as useful

GAAAACKT 2004/9/26 08:01
Who doesn't know Gackt ? He's the sexiest guy on earth...
by Mana rate this post as useful

from what i know... 2005/7/23 16:09
I think Gackt is one of the most popular jrock artists out there. I am definately a fan of him and his music. I also have seen many of his videos and think he is a very interesting guy with a funny character. If you have not heard of Gackt, you should look him up! :D
by Monique rate this post as useful

... 2005/7/24 03:59
Yes, Gackt is absolutely great.
-His music and voice is incredible, and his personality in a lot of interviews and whatnot is very fun.

As for his looks... hell... I'm a straight guy, and I still think he's good looking. =P
by Jed rate this post as useful

Talented+awsome singing voice+hot=Gackt 2005/8/12 05:03
Even /that/ doesn't sum him up.

I'm a Ukrainian Gackt fan in the USA. I found out about the world of J-rock/pop a few years ago when an online friend who was completely /obsessed/ with dear Camui introduced me to his music -- this was actually the first step to my fascination with Japan.

I hear Gackt is quite popular in Japan (many fans, both girl and boy), but he'd definitely known world wide as I've found Russian and many other websites dedicated to him.

I would say his music is on the popish side (from what I've heard anyway), but what's fantastic about him is that he has a /wide/ array of different music types, so most people are able to find at least one song of his in the style they like.

He's also /very/ cute (in my opinion), even though it took me a while to get used to the fact that many male Japanese singers (including him) are very feminine (my US friends STILL think he's a woman).

If you don't know much about him or Japanese music, you definitely owe it to yourself to listen to some tracks and do some research, because as I found out for myself, there is a whole different world out there!

Hope that helped!
by Tatyana rate this post as useful

Gackt is... 2005/8/17 03:11
One of the greatest Japanese singers out there. Talented too. Knows how to play around seven instruments and can speak five languages, including English. He is extremely popular world-wide because of his talents and good-looks (although my friends and mom think he looks like a girl).
His newest album is coming out in about a month now. It's called Diablos.
If you want to sample some of his music you can go to www.vnl-online.com . You can also get a lot of other Japanese artists music as well. Only to hear, not to download completely. Not the best quality either.
by Rei Yasha rate this post as useful

To answer your question.... 2005/8/20 05:17
Personally I think Gackt is very popular... not only in Japan and other parts of Asia, but in America as well. I know of many people who love him for his looks, personality and music.
For example, myself. I am an African American female who loves his music and looks (in fact he was the reason I started to really listen to Japanese music)... so I think for him to be liked by many races other than his own says a lot about his music and how popular he is.
However, this is just my personal feelings, I am sure that there are many who feel the same.
I dont know much about his radio show (didnt even know he had one) but thanks for bringing that up, I'll look into it.
by IndyLady rate this post as useful

Ahhh 2005/9/13 08:44
Gackt was one of the first man I obbsessed over. He's prtty big in Japan and America, as far as I know. I mean, not only did his solo project bump him sky high, but the movie Moonchild...Ohhhh that movie is everything a fangirl could want! And about Gackt and Hyde, I want to beleive they like eachother, and I'v heard that they were close, but I'v also heard that Hyde just said when someone asked about their relationship "He's a nice guy and all..." But yes, I do beleive Gackt is very popular, music and movie.
by Kei rate this post as useful

Gackt and I have a spiritual connection! 2005/9/19 05:27
just joking, but he is a serious perectionist in evrey thing he does.and extremely handsome! he is multitalented and knows how to say the perfect words in all of his songs,Do you know Laruku? they came to the US last year and it was awesome, but yes, Gackt.....is .....Amazing!and mine!!
by Belle rate this post as useful

Yup Yup 2005/9/30 03:13
I'm a Spanish American girl and I was introduced into the Japanese Music culture about 5 years ago. He is a Gorgeous Man and I love his music. I plan on going to Japan with my friend within the next few months to see a concert of either him or another Japanese music Group Dir en Grey...Camui Gackt is haaawt...Although all my friends and family thinks he looks alittle too feminine...
by Kitana rate this post as useful

Gackt is... 2005/10/12 23:17
Well, as popular as Gackt seems to be, I thought I might as well let you know that a girl with whom I'm studying abroad loves Gackt, and that whenever she mentions it to Japanese students, they think it's kind of funny.
by Michele rate this post as useful

oh...gackt is a real star of music 2005/10/13 10:17
well , Im from chile- south america- and here GACKT is very famous. is to be well known in the end of the planet and to be great singer is to be a star , He is A STAR . I love GACKT . minami-ai@hotmail.com
by karen rate this post as useful

new gackt fan 2005/10/13 10:44
Hello All,

If you want to join the rest of the Gackt fans you can always learn more about him and download some really nice CMs and pics of him over at jdorama.com's MB. There are 41 pages to enjoy:

http://jdorama.com/viewtopic.2861.htm

Enjoy!
by Aya rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 3: Posts 1 - 20 of 53

1 2 3
next

reply to this thread