Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

areas around kanazawa 2007/12/4 00:46
planning to go to kanazawa. any recommendation for accomodation(ryokan, family run inn, etc)?

any areas nearby that are a must go? we r planning to travel there on 23 dec n spend a few days there..

Thanks
by jingjing  

As far . . . 2007/12/7 08:43
. . . as things outside Kanazawa City, pick up an English tourist brochure from the train station and it usually goes into more detail on this stuff.

There is a big ayami (iris) park towards Fukui if you are there around June timeframe. There is also an Edo Wonderland near the coast but it's been closed the last two times I was in Kanazawa. I think there is an aquarium along the coast too.

A good day trip is to go to Tojinbo to see the rock outcroppings. There is the obligatory boat tour and rows of gift shops along the main drag to the dock. There are only two other places in the world with such geology (Iceland and England I think).

Lots of stuff to see in Noto Peninsula or Fukui but that would require a dedicated trip by itself.
by Clevor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread