Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Chicago or DC? JET interviews. 2007/12/4 01:32
I plan on applying for JET next year. My interview (if I get one) would be in Chicago or DC. Which one is better? Also, I'm married. My husband in Japanese and has a Green Card. Does this help or hurt my chances of getting in? Thanks!
by Merry Kiyosue  

Interview 2007/12/4 11:25
It won't be in either DC or Chicago. When you filled out the application you choose ONE interview location. So if you put down chicago it will be chicago. Maybe you are confused because the application goes to DC? They just do all the paperwork there and decide who gets interviews and who does not. Don't forget that only about 50% of applicants are even offered an interview.

But I have read several accounts of people saying the Chicago interviewers were very nice and relatively laid back compared to other locations. However, it can't be guaranteed that the same people will be in Chicago again next year, so that could very well change. Do some research on bigdaikon.org or ithinkimlost forums- they'll have a lot more info on what you need to know.
by Pat rate this post as useful

reply to this thread